Incredible Help..

BD1323

Reaction score
Hello. New to this forum and figured I'd give it a try to hopefully get some answers. I got the incredible a few months ago and have been using the phone just as a regular phone, just basically for e-mail, texting, facebook, and calling. I know the incredible can do sooooo much more! Only problem is..I don't know how to do barely anything. I've downloaded a few aps but I'm pretty much lost and clueless. I'm hoping someone out there can help me out with some questions I have. My main questions are setting ringtones. I've read up on certain things such as making a folder for them? Idk how to do that, and I do have an sd card from my previous phone that has just pics on it. I sent a few ringtones that I downloaded on my computer from mydroidringtones.com and sent them from my e-mail as a text to my phone. I use the handsent app and the only thing I figured out to do was to save that attchment from the text to my sd card. But now I can't find it to set it as my notification settings. Just my old ringtones that were saved on my card from my previous phone are on there. Idk what I did. I just want to know if I need to make that folder or if there is another way to get my ringtones to set differently for e-mail, texts, etc. I have problems setting them for different things. Is there an app to get free ringtones? I'm just frustrated because I feel like I'm wasting the phone because I'm not using it for all it's worth. I'd like to be able to know how do to a lot with it. Sorry this is so long. Thanks :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Forum. I think you will get better help in this area then if we just leave you in the newcomers area. People who actually own the Incredible will be able to assist you.

One thing I can help you with is with ringtones. Go to the Market and download Ringdroid. It's pretty self explanatory, real easy to use and you use your own mp3 files to make your ring tones.

I'll let others offer you more assistance who are more familiar with the Incredible then I am.

lsdozer

Reaction score
In case Ringdroid doesn't make the proper sub-folders on your sd card, all you have to do is:

1. Download Astro file manager from the market. Its free. Astro allows you to access your SD card and make changes, just like windows (basically).

2. Once you have astro, open it up and navigate to the SD card.

3. create two folders directly on the sd card- ringtones and notifications

4. You can now place the sounds you have downloaded into whichever folder you want.

5. Reboot the phone (turn off then back on)

6. Go into handcent and pick whichever sound you would like for notification.

7. Go into menu/settings/sounds and pick your ringtones, or open up the phone and go into settings and change from there.

To find the ringtones you already downloaded, go into Astro/sd card/download and they should be there (I think). You can move these files with astro to the folders you created - notifications and ringtones

Lewis

johnbarnes8803

Reaction score
Powered down my Droid Incredible for a period of about 5 hours. When turned back on mistakenly selected "factory reboot ", lost all info saved on phone - contacts, all apps, gmail account, all photos, everything ! Can I restore ?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Powered down my Droid Incredible for a period of about 5 hours. When turned back on mistakenly selected "factory reboot ", lost all info saved on phone - contacts, all apps, gmail account, all photos, everything ! Can I restore ?

log back into your gmail account and your contacts and all should be recovered.

johnbarnes8803

Reaction score
Lost all info on phone

Hey thanks for the help. I stumbled upon this fix myself by accident yesterday when trying to re enter al my info. I had started to do this after being told by someone on an HTC site that all my information was gone forever. shows what they know ! Anyway I am now trying to recover my photos by down loading the SD card onto a pc. Basic problem is I have a smart phone and I am not !