Very frustrating ringtone issue!

Jamar

Reaction score
I've tried numerous times to set my default ringtone as a music file using that option to trim a song, but my phone continues to ignore what I've set and play some random stock tone instead of my music file. And then today, my phone decided to use an audio file I saved to my phone from a text message as my default ringtone... and I can't even find that file to erase it.

Are ringtones just a general problem on the Android platform? I remember having ringtone issues with my Droid 1 earlier this year as well.

tw15egan

Reaction score
I've actually been having the same problem and I have no idea why. I get random ringtone each time I get a phone call

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You guys should check out Ringo in the market. I had the same problem with my ringtones just resetting themselves until i got that :D I'm not sure about the Lite version but the Pro version has really great options for individual contact ringtones, LED alerts and vibrate patterns. :D

kmo

Reaction score
I use that feature to for trimming ringtones right on the phone. Not sure why you guys are having issues, anyway I also use "ringdroid" which also works well.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You guys should check out Ringo in the market. I had the same problem with my ringtones just resetting themselves until i got that :D I'm not sure about the Lite version but the Pro version has really great options for individual contact ringtones, LED alerts and vibrate patterns. :D

Lite doesn't allow led alerts but it does allow tones for contact ringers for both calls and texts. My favorite app for function along side oftseen( speed dial via gesture)

sent from my Incredible via SlideIT on Tapatalk

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Check out some of the aftermarket apps for ringtones. Unfortunately I've seen a good many responses very similar to yours regrading custom ringtones. About the only consistent answer was an aftermarket app for trimming and managing.

kmo

Reaction score
that's just strange, mine trims and adds ringtones without any issue....