Incoming calls unable to hear me unless I switch to speaker phone!

kenbidwell

Reaction score
Sorry for the long title but I don't know any other way to label this problem. I stopped by the Verizon store today and the problem would not duplicate. It seems that if I am called by someone listed in my phone book, I can hear them fine but they are unable to hear me unless I switch to speakerphone mode. If someone calls me that is not in my phone book, the call works as it should. I have searched the forums and have not seen this problem listed. Anyone else having this problem? They made a note on my account at Verizon and told me to bring it back in if the problem continues. I have looked for any settings or such that might be causing the problem but have not been able to find anything I could relate it to. I tried killing all apps to see if there was a conflict causing it but the same thing happens when a number in my phone book calls me. If I originate the call, all works well! Any advice would be appreciated.

Ken

OP
K

kenbidwell

Reaction score
Strange but figured out what was happening! Took off the Verizon external hard/rubberized case with a holster and everything returned to normal. At first I thought it was just the numbers in my phone book that were messing up but after receiving some more calls with the same problem I tried to undo anything I had done since getting the phone because it did not have this problem originally. My son recommended I try removing the cover, said he had a similar problem with his case on his Storm. Hate it when the teenager is right!