can no longer hear incoming calls

okcin

Reaction score
Out of the blue, I am no longer am able to hear the voice of of the speaker during phone calls. I can only hear the call if I switch to speaker phone. It is very frustrating, any help you can provide would be very much appreciated. Thank you

DevL

Reaction score
Out of the blue, I am no longer am able to hear the voice of of the speaker during phone calls. I can only hear the call if I switch to speaker phone. It is very frustrating, any help you can provide would be very much appreciated. Thank you

Restarting my phone solved this. Dont know why it happened either.

DROIDpfft

Reaction score

I Notice sometimes when I have my ear phones in and I'm listening to music and I go to unplug them and I don't get volume out of the earpiece. I just plug the ear phones back in and unplug them and it works for me. I have no idea why it does this. I'm thinking it has something to do with the auto pause feature when you unplug the earphones while playing music.

Last edited:

ironosity

Reaction score
I've also noticed this problem. Very annoying. Also very intermittent. No idea what causes it but I rarely get 2 calls in a row with this problem.

tsitalon1

Reaction score
Add me to this list. Did this on 2.01, 2.03 and 2.05.

I have to reboot to clear, haven't tried pluging in the headset though.

kmp14

Reaction score
This happens to me too. A restart fixes it, but it comes back at some point. Frustrating!

DROIDpfft

Reaction score
Add me to this list. Did this on 2.01, 2.03 and 2.05.

I have to reboot to clear, haven't tried pluging in the headset though.

How do you have 2.03 and 2.05? Were that ota updates? or did you have to root?

kristoff125

Reaction score
Same problem, same fix, reboot, hasn't happened in a while, but I think it just happens when you leave your phone on too long. I constantly update my phone with BB therefore constantly reboot.

Jackattack

Reaction score
I got a replacment phone and the problem went away, I have not been able to duplicate it.

My old phone would do it about 75% of the time after wired headphone use or aux cable in my truck.

I do believe it is an issue with the port, maybe a software glitch but I dont think so seeing how I have yet to duplicate the problem with my new phone.

Hope this helps