Incoming call volume super quiet once in awhile

kevsauce

Reaction score
Very strange...maybe one out of every 10 incoming phone calls...the person on the other end is quiet as a mouse no matter how loud I make the call volume, and they can hear me fine. If they call me right back, it's fine. Anyone else have this problem?

zerosignal0

Reaction score
I have had this happen occasionally as well, regardless of what signal strengths are.

JRogers1978

Reaction score
I had it happen to me just the other day. My wife called me and I couldn't hear a word she was saying. I hung up and when she called me back it was fine.

OP
K

kevsauce

Reaction score
So...I haven't read deeply into these forums...but uhh...how do we report bugs to Moto about such things?

hyperlite456

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a solution to this problem?? I've had the phone since november 2009 and always had this happen on occasion.

SILVER COUPE

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G6
this is a new bug on my phone. i can barely hear the person on the other end i have to use speaker mode more often. anyone else having this issue or did i drop my phone one time too many(which is not a lot at all). or maybe i should just get a bluetooth ear peice and use that from now on.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
this is a new bug on my phone. i can barely hear the person on the other end i have to use speaker mode more often. anyone else having this issue or did i drop my phone one time too many(which is not a lot at all). or maybe i should just get a bluetooth ear peice and use that from now on.

What phone are you talking about and what OS are you running on it?

It would be helpful to know these things. My wife is running stock 2.1 for example and she put it on speaker and she jumped it was so loud.

SILVER COUPE

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G6
i have a moto droid running 2.1, my speaker volume is fine it's just the ear peice volume that started to get low. the only new thing i can remember doing differently is using a can of air to blow out some dust that had accumulated. i now have to hold the phone tightly to my ear to hear and still it needs to be in a quiet location. i raised the ear volume as high as it will go. is there a setting that might have been adjsuted by accident in the setting screen, i looked and didnt see anything. appreciate the help.

Greenblurr93

Reaction score
I had this happen a couple times as well. i put the phone on speaker mode then off speaker mode and its fine.

Running Simply Stunning 3.3 @ 1.25gHz

Houndstooth

Reaction score
This hasn't happened to me recently but it is super annoying when it does happen. Would love a fix. 2.1 stock.

jisleyjr

Reaction score
I've been using the Motorola Droid 2.1 since November 09 and this just started happening to me too. Very annoying.