Inc 2 USB issues

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know there is a thread or two on this topic for the Inc 2, but bumping an old thread will likely not help me with my problem. I have read through each and tried the basic suggestions of turning off USB debugging, trying a new phone, trying a new port, trying a new computer and to no avail. All it does is charge. Really, it doesn't even do that. It "says" it's charging, but never does. This goes for wall charging or USB charging.

My girlfriend recently filed a claim for her Inc 2 and I now need to return it to stock (unroot and S-off). Her replacement phone came in today and immediately connected to the computer. I thought great, it re-installed the drivers and now the old phone should connect. Wrong. So I'm asking if I can mount the USB through ADB. Would using this set of commands help? I don't have the phone to test on so I don't want to waste her time and my time getting ADB set up if this won't help anything.

adb shell
# mount /system
# mount /data
# mount /sdcard

Am I barking up the wrong tree? Different suggestions? Any and all help is appreciated.

Last edited:
OP
syndicate0017

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anyone have some ideas? She's not very tech savvy and it'll be hard to walk her through ADB from over the phone. Anyone believe this will work?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
syndicate0017

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nobody can help here? Her new Inc 2 is able to use ADB just fine, but the old one just does not pick up a USB connection. When it's plugged in, all it does is give a charging icon. I can't select any connection type or anything. Yes "ask on connection" is checked. If anyone can give me some kind of advice, it would be appreciated.

Kimo91

Reaction score
Sounds like the charging port is gone. Its way beyond being able to do anything with it other than putting it in the return box and shipping it off...sorry for not being much help.

Sent from my Boeing approved Moto DROID Razr

devator22

Reaction score
You are trying to return to stock? My advice would be to download the stock ruu from the phone, and install it in fastboot. No adb required. The usb port isn't going to work.

Sent from my mobile typewriter with tapatalk

OP
syndicate0017

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
You are trying to return to stock? My advice would be to download the stock ruu from the phone, and install it in fastboot. No adb required. The usb port isn't going to work.

Sent from my mobile typewriter with tapatalk

She is on stock but she has S off...the RUU would only put the stock ROM on

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Just send it back. If it is stock they aren't going to take the time check if its rooted...

Sent from my Incredible 2 HD using DroidForums