Dinc2 Black Screen, Trying to access internal memory via computer??

Erin2471Lt

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a Droid Incredible 2 that unfortunately has water damage. I have had it in rice for a few days now. I have some important info on there I need to get off; but cannot access it since it is no longer working properly. I can connect it to my computer with a USB cable and tell that it is charging. In addition to this, I can press/hold the power button to power it on. The phone responds to this with the usual start-up vibration, but the screen is completely black. A few minutes later, the command icons on the bottom are lit up. If I press the power button again quickly, the icons go dark. And once again, if I press the power button, they will light up again. I also can hear the sounds indicating I have received a text message and a voicemail. Basically, it seems like something IS working properly on the phone, but the screen remains black.

I need to try to access the internal memory so I can retrieve some notes I have in an app (Extensive Notes Pro). When I plug the USB into my computer, the command box comes up asking if I want to open the device. However, there is nothing I can access when I do that. It does not mount the phone as a USB disk drive as I used to be able to by selecting this option on the phone's touchscreen.

Is there anyway I can get stuff off my phone? Or perhaps trick it into mounting as a USB drive on the computer so I can see all of my files and folders as I used to be able to?

Thanks so much for any help!

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Not being able to select what happens when it connects on the screen could be a real problem. I believe the default option is CHARGE ONLY.

Any chance what you need is on the mini SD Card?? You can remove that and should be able to access it with a SD Reader.

OP
E

Erin2471Lt

Reaction score
Thanks PereDroid! I am still hoping maybe the phone will go back to normal. Unfortunately some of my documents are not on the SD card, but all of my pictures are, so that's good at least!

mls42475

Reaction score
HI,
so crazy , same thing is happening with my phone, put in rice for 3 days, phone comes on but screen is black. there are photos i had downloaded that aren't on my SD card but seem to be in my internal memory. Did you ever end up getting the info off the damaged phone? I don't see anyone responded but was hoping you had a resolution :) please help!!!!!