In search of a new rom

Reaction score
Recently my phone has been sucky. I get a half a day of battery and my phone gets pretty hot when I barely use it. Soo im on liberty gb and i kinda need a taste of something different for a while till justice comes out or something. I have been looking at apex, cm7, and miui, but can't make up my mind.

Any help would be appreciated thanks:)

Sent to you by a D2 Hopped up on some Liberated Gingerbread

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Apex for battery life.

If you want the fastest, greatest thing out there, 2nd init ROMs are the way to go.

MIUI

OP
R
Reaction score

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Apex is pretty user friendly. There isn't much customization though.

MIUI

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Last edited:
OP
R
Reaction score

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
CM7, MIUI, Liquid, SSX and Justice are all 2nd init ROMs. The customization and speed is unreal. You can change themes without rebooting, lockscreens, performance mods, etc. Battery life isn't the greatest though, but its well worth it IMO.

MIUI

OP
R
Reaction score
CM7, MIUI, Liquid, SSX and Justice are all 2nd init ROMs. The customization and speed is unreal. You can change themes without rebooting, lockscreens, performance mods, etc. Battery life isn't the greatest though, but its well worth it IMO.

MIUI

How bad are the battery lifes?

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score

MIUI

How bad are the battery lifes?

it really depends on a lot of variables but compared to your liberated d2 id say noticeable. if i had to guess id say if you were at 40% at the end of the day using liberty you would probably be at 25-30% with liquid, 20-25% with miui and 10-15% with cm7

OP
R
Reaction score
it really depends on a lot of variables but compared to your liberated d2 id say noticeable. if i had to guess id say if you were at 40% at the end of the day using liberty you would probably be at 25-30% with liquid, 20-25% with miui and 10-15% with cm7

Hmm well I don't think I can go down cuz its pretty terrible already(like if I started using my phone regularly like I used too I would have a dead phone by late afternoon early evening). So I must be doing something wrong... and my phone gets hot fast so something is overworking

Montecarlo97z

Reaction score

Hmm well I don't think I can go down cuz its pretty terrible already(like if I started using my phone regularly like I used too I would have a dead phone by late afternoon early evening). So I must be doing something wrong... and my phone gets hot fast so something is overworking

are you using any type of overclocking apps? or any profile apps? if not you should ;)

OP
R
Reaction score

are you using any type of overclocking apps? or any profile apps? if not you should ;)

Yes. I use jrummy's android overclock. I don't have it overclocked ever unless im running a game or something(rarely) and I have profiles to drop cpu to I believe 600 when screen is off. Then if it gets over 98° it drops to 800 then if it gets 104° it drops again to 600. Also if battery gets below 40% it drops to 800.soo yea haha