1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Installing Rom on Droid 2 Ginerbread Bootloop HELP!

Discussion in 'Droid 2 Roms' started by spartanboy12, Oct 23, 2011.

1. spartanboy12

spartanboy12 New Member

Hello All,

I have been running custom roms on froyo for a while and I decided to move up to gingerbread. I had no problems flashing rome to gingerbread, first one I used was MIUI. I then decided to switch to i think Apex and did all the necessary steps wiping data, cache, etc. After I flashed the new rom, I got stuck on the M logo and boot looped. I have SBF'd at least 5 times now and I keep going back to 2.2 froyo then updating to gingerbread and trying to install another rom. Each time I try to install another rom, it does the same thing. I have tried over 4 roms now and no luck. any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. MindArchr

MindArchr New Member

Did you root Gingerbread before trying to install the rom?
  3. spartanboy12

spartanboy12 New Member

yes i would not be able to without root access, the install proccess went fine in clockworkrecovery mod, no errors, just bootloop after I reboot
  4. mattv111

mattv111 New Member

I've never once done this when flashing roms, but I see a lot of people say to mount system. Did you try that?