Liquids Roms:-)

Discussion in 'Droid 2 Roms' started by droid2drummer, Aug 7, 2011.

1. droid2drummer

droid2drummer Silver Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Ok I just have to say, this is one of my faves. I love cm7 and I've been flashing roms since the D2 came out. I was a big fan of Liberty. I like miui just for a change of scenery. But of all the roms (every possible one) Liquid is right with cm7 and I know its built of the latest Cm7 builds.. but its themed just right, I find it a lil faster and a lil more stable and I can't tell you enough if you haven't tried it and you love cm7 jump all over it! Just flashed 2.3.6 and all my apps dled in 5 or so minutes via wifi. And I have hundreds...jeeez this is awesome love the D2 has been getting and I'm sure I stand for all of us as these devs surely work their axes off for us and I just want to take the time and thank each and every one of you that plays a role in rom and theme dev. And Liquid! Dude I can't wait to see what's next brother!!! Donating is the best I can do to thank you other than this post! Peace! And Happy romming and Deving...Droid2drummer...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

2. Abs

Abs Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What's so different about Liquid than CM7? I flashed it last night and the only thing I really noticed that's different is the settings. It let's you replace system apps I think. I'm certainly not new to ROMing but I honestly can't tell much difference between the two. Enlighten me please? C:

3. droid2drummer

Ratings:
    +10

4. Abs

Abs Member

Ratings:
    +0

5. fishaholic

fishaholic Member

Ratings:
    +0
    so whats the difference in settings?? i would like to know before flashing a whole rom just to find out haha

6. Abs

Abs Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't have both ROMs sitting in front of me right now obviously lol... but from what I can tell Liquid includes all of the normal CM7 settings plus a goodies section where you can easily install boot animations, fonts, and switch system apps. Like.. you can change the music app that comes with Liquid to a different one.

If anyone else knows of anything else... feel free to add on

7. droid2drummer

Ratings:
    +10
    Lol.. yeah I was just sitting here trying to think, and that's about all I can come up with at the moment! So. Yeah, what he said! And I am seeing a few others are really liking this rom! It is awesome and well tweaked! Thanks..Abs

8. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +287
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 3
    I am partial to liquid and have been for a while, but I am looking at the CM and liquid menus on side by side devices so I found this stuff in addition to what has been mentioned:

-Lock into memory - CM has the home and messaging lock but liquid also has the custom one where you can lock anything.
    -The color changer for changing your text colors on the pulldown and notification bar.
    -Under Liquid > System is the biggest difference I can see. Liquid has the option to hot reboot, zipalign, wipe dalvik, wipe cache, wipe battery stats, fix permissions, mount r/w and r/o, disable boot animation, and some other things.
    -And in talking to liquid he does put alot of effort into speed and overall performance, to me it shows.
    -An advantage liquid has is his ability to add new things in like the latest market and gmail. CM follows a certain set of rules which requires it to be merged a certain way (I am not clear on the specifics of it)

There is some more stuff but to me these were the noteable ones.

9. Abs

Abs Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the information!! I did not know all of that.

On a side note, what exactly does zip-aligning mean? And what does it do?

10. Montecarlo97z

Montecarlo97z Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i tried switching to liquid 2.3.5 but there were a few problems that made the rom not useable to me (ie. wifi) while not a huge problem, no word from the developer on the issue after numerous posts on the thread about wifi issues. 3 days without developer support or acknowledgement is a deal breaker

11. ldopa

ldopa Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I liked liquid, but I eventually went back to cm. My d2 just likes it better. I am amazed at the speed and customization I get on my d2. I can't fathom it getting any faster to be honest.

CM74D2

12. MindArchr

MindArchr Member

Ratings:
    +0

2.3.6 addressed the wifi issue(s). It's in the changelog. I haven't tested it yet to know if it works for me or not.