1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Liquids Roms:-)

Discussion in 'Droid 2 Roms' started by droid2drummer, Aug 7, 2011.

1. droid2drummer

droid2drummer New Member

Ok I just have to say, this is one of my faves. I love cm7 and I've been flashing roms since the D2 came out. I was a big fan of Liberty. I like miui just for a change of scenery. But of all the roms (every possible one) Liquid is right with cm7 and I know its built of the latest Cm7 builds.. but its themed just right, I find it a lil faster and a lil more stable and I can't tell you enough if you haven't tried it and you love cm7 jump all over it! Just flashed 2.3.6 and all my apps dled in 5 or so minutes via wifi. And I have hundreds...jeeez this is awesome love the D2 has been getting and I'm sure I stand for all of us as these devs surely work their axes off for us and I just want to take the time and thank each and every one of you that plays a role in rom and theme dev. And Liquid! Dude I can't wait to see what's next brother!!! Donating is the best I can do to thank you other than this post! Peace! And Happy romming and Deving...Droid2drummer...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
  2. Abs

Abs New Member

What's so different about Liquid than CM7? I flashed it last night and the only thing I really noticed that's different is the settings. It let's you replace system apps I think. I'm certainly not new to ROMing but I honestly can't tell much difference between the two. Enlighten me please? C:

3. droid2drummer

droid2drummer New Member

4. Abs

Abs New Member

5. fishaholic

fishaholic New Member

so whats the difference in settings?? i would like to know before flashing a whole rom just to find out haha
  6. Abs

Abs New Member

I don't have both ROMs sitting in front of me right now obviously lol... but from what I can tell Liquid includes all of the normal CM7 settings plus a goodies section where you can easily install boot animations, fonts, and switch system apps. Like.. you can change the music app that comes with Liquid to a different one.

If anyone else knows of anything else... feel free to add on

7. droid2drummer

droid2drummer New Member

Lol.. yeah I was just sitting here trying to think, and that's about all I can come up with at the moment! So. Yeah, what he said! And I am seeing a few others are really liking this rom! It is awesome and well tweaked! Thanks..Abs

8. JSM9872

JSM9872 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I am partial to liquid and have been for a while, but I am looking at the CM and liquid menus on side by side devices so I found this stuff in addition to what has been mentioned:

-Lock into memory - CM has the home and messaging lock but liquid also has the custom one where you can lock anything.
    -The color changer for changing your text colors on the pulldown and notification bar.
    -Under Liquid > System is the biggest difference I can see. Liquid has the option to hot reboot, zipalign, wipe dalvik, wipe cache, wipe battery stats, fix permissions, mount r/w and r/o, disable boot animation, and some other things.
    -And in talking to liquid he does put alot of effort into speed and overall performance, to me it shows.
    -An advantage liquid has is his ability to add new things in like the latest market and gmail. CM follows a certain set of rules which requires it to be merged a certain way (I am not clear on the specifics of it)

There is some more stuff but to me these were the noteable ones.
  9. Abs

Abs New Member

Thanks for the information!! I did not know all of that.

On a side note, what exactly does zip-aligning mean? And what does it do?

10. Montecarlo97z

Montecarlo97z New Member

i tried switching to liquid 2.3.5 but there were a few problems that made the rom not useable to me (ie. wifi) while not a huge problem, no word from the developer on the issue after numerous posts on the thread about wifi issues. 3 days without developer support or acknowledgement is a deal breaker
  11. ldopa

ldopa New Member

I liked liquid, but I eventually went back to cm. My d2 just likes it better. I am amazed at the speed and customization I get on my d2. I can't fathom it getting any faster to be honest.

CM74D2
  12. MindArchr

MindArchr New Member

2.3.6 addressed the wifi issue(s). It's in the changelog. I haven't tested it yet to know if it works for me or not.
  13. JSM9872

No problem. And I am not very good at describing things but you use it to zipalign your apks. It essentially makes sure your apks are running as fast as they can and are using the least ammount of memory/resources they can.

HERE is a pretty good write up if you want to check it out, probably wont sound like the babble you get from me lol
  14. JSM9872

Yes wifi is working very well for me on both the D2 and DX. But it sounds like montecarlo was more concerned about not hearing anything about a fix or anything. And even I will admit that liquid is not big on posting. For this reason I try to provide support in his threads, especially the D2 and DX ones since I have those currently and he doesnt.

I actually kind of feel bad in this case because I missed posting in the D2 thread that a fix was being worked on and would be out as soon as it was ready. I couldnt figure out how I did that but I managed to double post it somewhere else, they probably think I am nuts :frown:
  15. DiddyKong

DiddyKong New Member

i just tried flashing this multiple times and had to sbf twice. i got stuck at the bootlogo and would not let me do anything else both times i tried this.
  16. droid2drummer

droid2drummer New Member

Wifi definately works however today, I had to reboot as it kept turning on by itself..lol and brightness on auto kinda flakes in and out. But you know I love Liquids roms, and Cm7 , but I flash like a sick park perv, so I'm gonna go try something else for kicks and shix! Lol

17. Abs

Abs New Member

I think I saw a similar post from you on a thread for a different ROM. Are you having this kind of problem every time you try to flash a ROM?

18. DiddyKong

DiddyKong New Member

no, this was the first time in a while i had to sbf. MIUI, Liberty, Apex and CM7 all worked fine without having any problems, im not sure why this one was giving me a problem. Im just goin back to liberty i get great battery life.
  19. Abs

Abs New Member

Oh. Nvm then. If you followed all the directions and made sure to mount system, wipe everything, and format, then I don't know what to tell you. Anyone else have anything to contribute?

20. ldopa

ldopa New Member

I thought I was the only one who emphasized mounting system haha. Maybe it's superstition, but I've never had an issue ever since I started mounting (that didn't come off right :p)

CM74D2