I'm about to throw my OG at the wall.

gibsonlp223

Reaction score
For the past two months my og has been doing crazy stuff. Volume rocker broke by itself. Power button broke by itself. Keyboard keys are coming unglued. And the worst of all, my screen has been freaking out like non other. Things get touched by themselves, and random strips of my screen stop working. I don't understand how Motorola can produce such a poor quality phone. It's almost like they design these things to break after two years. Keep in mind I take very good care of my phones and never drop them, get them wet or anything. I know I'm not the only one that's experiencing this, just do a google search on any of these issues. The Nexus cannot come soon enough.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well if you were really desperate, you could open up your OG and fix the power button that way (if by broken you mean depressed). My OG is in excellent condition and I've had it two years and am also just waiting on the nexus.

As for your screen issues, I'd give an SBF a shot. If that doesn't fix it, then it is likely your digitizer.

Sent from my CushZero using Tapatalk

Low Saturn

Reaction score
My original Droid is still going strong. Other than the gold coating that came off the camera button, its in perfect condition. Its had heavy daily use by me from the day I got it a week or so after launch until the Bionic came out. My nine year son now uses it as a toy. Watching movies, playing games and accessing the market and web via wi-fi. The thing is bullet proof.

soops

Reaction score
My OG bought from Dec 09 is still going strong. I reboot once, maybe twice a week. Run daily cache cleaner.

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
My OG is perfect, except the camera button is now white. I no longer have it though, I gifted it to a buddy in need since his phone broke. According to him, it is the best thing ever.

And OP, depending on how hard you use the phone, 2 years is a reasonable lifespan for a piece of equipment. You can baby it all you want, but the keyboard will eventually come unglued. The motherboard is connected to the screen by a flex cable. This will eventually fail if you slide the phone open and closed alot.

I suppose in theory a tablet phone might prove more durable due to the lack of mechanical parts.

psychicdroid

Reaction score
My OG died 9 days before the Bionic came out. It looked brand new, never been dropped. Not a scratch on it. Keyboard was perfect. For no reason at all the touch screen died. On the other hand my daughter has dropped hers more times than I can count. She has deep gouges on the bezel, and the screen is scratched, yet hers plods along.