Moto Droid Screen twitching and uncontrollable

kmcgill88

Reaction score
I apologize in advance if this isn't the correct area of the forum.

My Motorola Droid (OG) started acting up. At any time my screen goes crazy. Either in an app or just sitting at the home screen my phone screen will start flickering. Not flicker in the sense of turning off but stuck between home screens, notification bar randomly coming down then up. Then random apps will get opened without me doing anything!?!? once the app opens it seems to have a mind of its own, automatically scrolling and clicking about 5 more times. I can't do a thing. Calls still come in but I need to cross my fingers the the touch screen works.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas whats wrong? I feel like the touch screen is just wearing out. I've had my OG since the release in Nov. 09. sorta attached I don't want a new one haha

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
do you have a task killer?

these have been known to cause issues, i don't think the screen would be failing as a friend of mine has his original and it still works to this day after multiple drops and a recently cracked screen.

jcl197

Reaction score
I think it may be a bad screen, ive got a droid2 global and am having the same issue. Ive sbfd back to stock and the issue still happens, i could be wrong but it seems moto just used some bad screens on their devices

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Goatastic

Reaction score
I had a friend who has had that same issue with his of Droid and D2G. Pretty sure it is the screen is bad. I would recommend you use the insurance if you can. Just to avoid any issues with Verizon's new warranty policy. If you are not rooted you have a little less to worry about.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
K

kmcgill88

Reaction score
do you have a task killer?

these have been known to cause issues, i don't think the screen would be failing as a friend of mine has his original and it still works to this day after multiple drops and a recently cracked screen.

I've been experiencing the same problem with and without a task killer. I was running CM7.0.3 with this problem. Thought I would try another rom so I nandroid back to UD. Soon as I booted up, the same problem. Then I thought I'd go back to stock froyo, same issue. I then did factory reset on stock froyo to no avail. I think I'm out of luck. :( :icon_evil:

Last week it had done this but I reboot and it was fine. It has progressively gotten worse.

Any phone suggestions?

mrredskin

Reaction score
it isn't plugged in to a non-OEM charger while doing this, is it?

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mine is doing this now too, started about two weeks ago and its making the phone unusable. The bionic cant get here any sooner...

OP
K

kmcgill88

Reaction score
it isn't plugged in to a non-OEM charger while doing this, is it?

I have two OEM chargers. It does it while plugged into either and still does it while it isn't plugged in. I've been using google music the last hour and the phone appears to be working. *knock on wood* It comes and goes. Weird. I'm still thinking its day are limited.

sincitygrrrl1

Reaction score
That's what happened to my Droid at the 15 month mark, thankfully it happened the day after the Thunderbolt came out and as I was paying my bill I saw I could get an upgrade after only 15months on contract.

Supose I could have done the insurance claim but I was ready for a new phone. I've been one of the lucky ones and have had no problems with my TB and am quite happy with it.

OP
K

kmcgill88

Reaction score
Its still coming and going. I've been using my keypad a lot more. That seems to prolong the instance between 'fits'. Ill probably hang onto it until I can't stand it anymore. :( my poor droid! *tear

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Chatchie

Reaction score
If I get any water on my screen while using the device it starts doing the same thing. Like if Im sweating for some reason and then take a phone call the sweat on the screen makes it go crazy. The only way to fix it is to pull the battery and dry it off.

givenmurderer

Reaction score
i made an account on here just to say this

I had downloaded a batter saver on my droid bionic cause anyone with one knows the batter life is terrible but i just recently noticed my phone to start acting up like it would like call the people when i am trying to text and all kinds of other things and i came to this and read the first reply and it just like hit me oh my God its got too be it i just downloaded it today and the problems just started so i erased it hoping it would be the fix and thanks you so much it worked instantly i really appreciate it i thought i would have to get a new one and i just got it a month ago after my old bionic broke so i just wanted to let everyone know u don't need to keep reading this is the fix and thanks you so much u made my day XD <3 have a good day everyone!!!!