My droid is spazzing out

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by mikeatdroidforums, May 26, 2010.

1. mikeatdroidforums

mikeatdroidforums New Member

Has anybody elses Droid been acting crazy since yesterday? Since yesterday afternoon my browser opens by itself and will scroll up and down uncontrollably, the app drawer opens on it's own, it cycles through apps, opens them randomly. Sometimes you cant move from screen to screen on the home page. Anybody else???
  2. jsh1120

jsh1120 New Member

I assume you've pulled the battery, right?
  3. mikeatdroidforums

yup, a few times. Was doing it again this am. Just shut it off.
  4. jsh1120

jsh1120 New Member

A factory reset is your next step.
  5. diverbelow

diverbelow New Member

Mine was doing the same thing and it was rebooted it self couple of times.
  6. mikeatdroidforums

dont get it. I'd like to think they are preparing a 2.2 update, but I'm sure that's not it. :p
  7. jntdroid

jntdroid DF Super Moderator Premium Member

I've seen a couple different instances where this was caused by a dire need to clean the screen off, combined with a screen protector that is evidently being thought of (by the Droid) as one big finger confusing the heck out of the touchscreen. Not saying this is the case here, but sounds similar.

Also heard of weird stuff like this with non-oem chargers...

I've even seen (firsthand) weird jerkiness when plugged in with certain USB cords, though not to this extreme.

8. jayb

jayb New Member

I have seen this happen using a " cheap " charger.
  9. chach

chach New Member

Mine started doing this too, but it started a month or two ago at least. When I reboot or even take the battery out and reboot, it would usually be ok for a very short while when it would come back up, but then start freaking out again. It would always go back to normal if I would leave it alone for say 10 or 15 minutes.

One thing I'm currently trying (I only did this 3 or 4 days ago) is I had had the weatherbug big widget on my home, and over the weekend I removed it (did not uninstall weatherbug though). It has not happened since I removed it, but, since it's only been a few days, that's not conclusive yet. It seemed like it would happen maybe once a day or every 2 or 3 days. The first time it does it now though will prove weatherbug isn't the cause.

Anyone else experiencing this and using the weatherbug 1x2 widget?

Also: I only see this whlie the phone is unplugged, but I always unplug it to use it. I only use the charger that came with it.

Update: The issue occurred again with the Weatherbug widget gone, so it would seem that's not the cause.
    Last edited: May 31, 2010
  10. ClaudioKilgannon

ClaudioKilgannon New Member

I had problems with this today as well. The screen would unlock and open random apps. twice it put some random folders on the homescreen. I was running the most recent Cyanogen, went back to DarkEdge, but still had this problem I thinking about unrooting and going back to stock since DarkEdge randomly turns the cell signal off so I'm afraid of missing calls. I have tried a battery pull, but I've had it on charge since I got home so the screen is on anyways.
  11. subsynth

subsynth New Member

I had dropped calls, got a beep and then the call was disconnected, happened twice, the other end sounded like bad reception as well, so I don't know which side was to blame...

I also had a random reboot about an hour and half ago that I didn't notice, but my Battery Usage timer had reset and I hadn't plugged it in.

I also have a weatherbug elite widget on my home screen...
  12. jntdroid

jntdroid DF Super Moderator Premium Member

dark edge has been randomly shutting the cell signals off? is that a common problem? i tried it briefly but didn't stick with it... but it seemed nice and smooth, and looked cool obviously, too, when i used it
  13. cereal killer

cereal killer DF Administrator Staff Member

been running since release and have no signal issues. No issues at all actually

Sent telepathically through the ether
  14. ClaudioKilgannon

Well it seems that way at least. I'll watch the bars and it will go from 2 to a red X. Plus last night it was having problems sending texts. I've never had a signal problem out here where I live before, so this is the only thing that I can think of.
  15. Neupy

Neupy New Member

The other night at work I used glass cleaner to clean face gunk off my screen/screen protector. Phone went BONKERS for like 5 minutes. Opening stuff goin crazy etc. I just pulled the battery and waited a few mins and everything was fine.
  16. 640k

640k Active Member

1. ditch the cheap charger (if you're using one). stick with OEM whenever possible. there's something with the chip that prevents battery explosion and the capacitive touch screens that the cheaper charges seem to be missing.

2. glass cleaners have amonias and other chemicals. avoid glass cleaners of any type and only use alcohol solutions like what comes with some screen protectors or something like invisible glass.

3. dust conducts electricity! if your dust has gotten wet and lodged under your screen or through your speaker, etc., etc., you may have inadvertantly caused an unsaviory environment, causing the "spasm". although this situation is probably pretty unlikely, if you're SPRAYING the phone to clean it, and not the rag, you're going to kill your phone. period.
  17. ClaudioKilgannon

What about OEM cable with an extension? I figure it should be fine, but is is a 6ft USB extension cable.
  18. 640k

640k Active Member

it's not the cable that's the problem, it's the power block the cable plugs in to. you can use any USB micro cable.
  19. ClaudioKilgannon

Ah ok. That's what I figured. So I probably shouldn't use my car charger then? It came with the hard case that I got off of eBay. I don't really trust the charger, but the case was nice.
  20. HemiDroid03

HemiDroid03 New Member

Mine went coocoo also and I just unrooted and now I'm great.
Search tags for this page

android screen moving by itself

android scrolling uncontrollably

android uncontrollable scroll

android uncontrolled scrolling

droid 3 problem spaz out
droid x2 moving by itself
my android is moving by itself
my cell phone screen moves by itself

my phone is moving by itself

scroll up and down and screen spazzes
stop my lg phone from moving by itself