iheartradio-getting closer!

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Those of you getting FCs...what else are you running? Any Home replacements? Any other apps that could get in the way?
Tons of apps installed including GDE and Home++. I tried running it from Home++ as well as the stock Home and both caused FCs at app start.
I keep getting a force close and I am running Home++. Is anyone else having this problem?
Same here but it does it when launched from stock Home also. :icon_evil:

olletsocmit

Reaction score
its not as good as i expected. I am still liking pandora and the pandora widget better now. may be better when iheartradio adds a widget like pandora and update

ConqSoft

Reaction score
If you were expecting it to be like Pandora, then you were expecting the wrong thing. This is to stream actual radio stations.

Another_Dude

Reaction score
I am trying to figure out if I actually want this, having listened to regular radio for 30 years before I got Sirius and then Pandora. I considered not hearing commercails and somewhat picking my own playlist as a good thing.

Can someone that is a fan of iheartradio give me their reasons for why they are excited about it considering the other options that are out there?

MJ5150

Reaction score
Can someone that is a fan of iheartradio give me their reasons for why they are excited about it considering the other options that are out there?

I do not currently live in the town I grew up in. For me, I like to listen to the radio stations from my hometown. I am also a big sports fan, so I enjoy listening to sports radio in other towns.

My wife feels the same as you do. She didn't see the appeal of listening to commercial radio, no matter what town, after being spoiled by having Sirius for the last two years.

-Mike

jasonb

Reaction score
tried it quickly and i am not impressed. not very many stations and the ones i tried didn't sound very good. they sound like they are low bitrate. i'll stick with DroidLive.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
You all need to understand that iheartradio is NOT in the same category as Pandora, Slacker, and even DroidLive. Pandora/Slacker let you pick a song/artist/genre and they actually generate a "station". DroidLive streams ONLINE stations. The point of iheartradio is to stream CCs large number of normal FM radio stations. I want it for a morning show I love, others want it for specific talk radio personalities, and some want it to get more local news/info. Pandora/Slacker/DroidLive don't offer these things. I have been waiting for IHR and plan on using it but it is NOT going to replace my DroidLive and Pandora.

Now if only I could get it to stop force closing...

Last edited:

Erich_F

Reaction score
I am trying to figure out if I actually want this, having listened to regular radio for 30 years before I got Sirius and then Pandora. I considered not hearing commercails and somewhat picking my own playlist as a good thing.

Dude, it's a free and painless install. Just get it and make your own decision.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

On a personal basis, a couple of things. I just moved here from Pittsburgh, one of the stations plays the Penguins radio broadcasts (Mike Lange/Phil Bourke), so I can be driving down the road locally here or at home and listen to the games. Second, the radio stations here stink, and there are times I want to listen to a real alternative radio station. Third, on 'DVE in the a.m. there's no two funnier people than "Jim and Randy".

Sure, non-stop music without interruption is nice, but there are times when listening to iheartradio has it's plus for me.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
S a v a g e !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kste baby!
What town is KSTE located and what time is he on? Michael Savage isn't on locally where I live - at least not on FM since we don't have an FM Talk station (which is overdue in this area that thrives on country and classic rock). I used to listen to Savage Nation on NewsTalk 104.7 in Pittsburgh - so maybe I will start listening again at night.

sterdroids

Reaction score

Kste baby!
What town is KSTE located and what time is he on? Michael Savage isn't on locally where I live - at least not on FM since we don't have an FM Talk station (which is overdue in this area that thrives on country and classic rock). I used to listen to Savage Nation on NewsTalk 104.7 in Pittsburgh - so maybe I will start listening again at night.

San Fran Area 6-9 EST. Listen up :)

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Kste baby!

San Fran Area 6-9 EST. Listen up :)
Wait, I lived out there from 1996-99 and don't remember that station. KGO was the talk station back then. I was disappointed that they don't show San Jose stations for Clear Channel. I know KSJO is gone spanish but there's a Channel 104.7 (I believe that's the dial setting) in San Jose that used to be really good.

sterdroids

Reaction score
Not sure about all the stations out there. KSTE is in Sacramento actually but its a great station and has Michael :)