If you had to chose a ROM for the D1....what would it be?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by nerdslogic, Apr 19, 2011.

1. nerdslogic

nerdslogic New Member

I am considering flashing another ROM onto my wife's D1. She has been running several variations of LGB.....hard to keep up with that guy....but she always runs into issue. It runs great for a while then starts to lag after a couple weeks. Then there is the random reboots....she gets like 4 a day.

Anyway I have been looking around and am finding tons of options. She is into looks and animations.....I am into performance and longevity of battery.

So.....what would you install next? Here are my current thoughts.....feel free to suggest. I would also appreciate some screenshots of your ROM's to help judge. Please identify what you are running.

LGB 1.6 (familiar to her)

MIUI (don't know what most recent version is and would appreciate link) I hear it runs great and is graphically pleasing

CM7 (never tried Cyanogen but hear nothing but good)

PE 5.0.2 she has been on GB for a while now. I tossed her my D2 when I was still on Liberty 2.0 (Froyo) and she....well.....let's just say she wasn't impressed.

SS 5.2 I actually forgot to add this to the list when I made the first post.....but it was a thought for sure.
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  2. Yonnor

Yonnor I r Teh Greetest

I personally love Project Elite, you can either run 4.2 (Froyo) or 5.0.2 (GB) both are incredible in my opinion. PE is definitely worth atleast giving a little try, its what I did and I'm hooked. Lol goodluck to whatever decision you make though! :D

Sent back in time from my PE Droid!
  3. nerdslogic

nerdslogic New Member

added to list.
  4. jchammer123

jchammer123 New Member

I liked Project Elite, both Froyo and GB. However, once I tried Simply Stunning's GB I haven't even thought about switching to any other rom. Amazing speed and completely smooth!! I would definitely add Simply Stunning 5.2 to your list! 5.3 should be coming sometime soon and it will be amazing!!!!!!!

The screenshots are from when I was running Regina 3D Launcher, which is why different pages have different wallpapers. But, Chevy puts out a themed and unthemed version to his roms. This is the themed version which is an awesome blue theme. You can see in the notification bar.
  5. nerdslogic

nerdslogic New Member

added SS to the list. Do you know if the 5.2 file in the release thread includes all the fixes?
  6. jchammer123

jchammer123 New Member

I don't think so! I think you need to flash the rom and then the patches.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  7. Jizzylax

Jizzylax New Member

Project Elite 4.2
  8. paul gyver

paul gyver Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Ss 5.2. I've tried all the ones on your list and ss works the best with the least amount of problems. Using chevy 1.0 lv kernel gives great battery life and still very snappy. The pre theme is just a plus.

9. dberthia

dberthia Member

I tried CM7 on my OG and had a number of issues with Wi-Fi and mounting the SD card. I stepped down to CM6 with the Chevy1 LV 1.0GHz kernel, and now it's smooth as silk and working great.
  10. NeverEndingXsin

NeverEndingXsin New Member

Ultimate Droid for the win :)

Seriously its amazing. But try different roms and find out which one cooperates the best with your phone
  11. nerdslogic

nerdslogic New Member

Well I started with 1.6 (to keep it familiar) and experienced a few glitches I wasn't to stoked about....I found this very disappointing as we have both loved LGB. But she is tired of the random reboots and slow downs (phone seems to scream after first flashing but slows in following weeks). Then flashed MIUI.....not for me....I like it but it didn't feel very stable to me. Then flashed SS 5.2 and then patches bringing it to 5.3....must admit....this is nice. I am sticking here for a few and see what she thinks. I haven't changed kernals or anything so I am running off 1GHz....is there another one I should be considering?

Battery life seems pretty good. Titanium Backup was a lifesaver.....I did get the apparently traditional bootloop after doing a restore but a simple wipe of Davlik cache fixed that as it seems to resolve every boot loop issue I have ever encountered.

If this goes south we are going to PE next. But I have a feeling she is going to dig this SS....especially after I just hooked up her LPP.....she has always been envious over my phones vs hers but I have paid versions of apps where she has free's and I have like 275 apps to her 42.....
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
  12. jchammer123

jchammer123 New Member

This sounds like my gf and I! I have all the paid apps and my phone is customized to the max! She has all the free versions and wants hers to look like mine. I think you'll be happy with ss! I haven't looked back since I flashed ss! I never had any luck with titanium backup on gb roms though, it always caused problems!

13. samiusmc

samiusmc Member

I haven't had any issues with LGB. It's the best ROM. I've tried all others and there is no comparison.
  14. patmw123

patmw123 New Member

If I still had my droid 1 I would realistically be running sapphire like I was before I got rid of it. Unfortunately, as of now there isn't a gingerbread sapphire (that I know of) and considering the mixed reviews of how well gingerbread runs on the droid 1, I would consider staying with froyo....I'm considering staying with gummyjar for my d2's entire life if gingerbread never gets rooted. I don't see enough of a reason to jump ship for good as of now considering the leaks stability issues. Stability and functionality comes first to me. I want everything to work as it should even if it means I have to wait an extra half second for a webpage to load.
  15. nerdslogic

nerdslogic New Member

I felt the same all the way up till yesterday

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
  16. jessegio34

jessegio34 New Member

I agree this ROM is off the chain!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  17. Beardface

Beardface Member

When I rocked my Droid, I was always a fan of Bugless Beast. Just a well made ROM. I do know a lot of people who rocked Cyanogen, though. Apparently thats nice as well.
  18. glange65

glange65 New Member

My choice

Tired in the past three weeks...CyanogenMod 7, LGB, Project Elite, Sourcery 2.2, and Bugless Beast. All were nice and had strong points, but honestly I started having trouble noting any real differences.

Flashed MIUI 3.25 (yeah it's Froyo, but that's okay) and am in love with it. Not changing anytime soon...except to try and update to 4.15
  19. javaman70

javaman70 Member

Liquid roms LGB 1.65 running great. A lot of support if needed.

Sent from Droid Running Liquid's LGB 1.65
  20. Chizzele

Chizzele Team Sourcery Developer

Sourcery 2.2 is the best most stable most features Froyo Rom out there.
Search tags for this page
beast rom vs cyanogenmod
d1 rom list

liquid vs bugless beast