Thought you guys would like this.

OP
xjman349

xjman349

Reaction score
I believe your call should be used in customer service training for Verizon, haha.

I actually had a call that I went all out on this customer that was in the Apple store completing his transaction to get an iPhone and needed his account number. After 22 minutes on the call, and me blowing him away with stats, droid info, and service information, he cancelled his transaction and went to the Verizon Wireless store. He had complained about terrible service he had recieved at the store earlier in the call, so before I hung up I called the store told them he was coming, and to make sure to take care of him. Looked at his account two hours later, Droid. I felt so awesome. My boss was so happy they played it a Senior Staff meeting for all the higher ups to hear. It was one of my best calls I have ever had. It felt so good. I got really lucky actually getting that call picked to be on my performance review. :)

bastosero

Reaction score
hahahahaha, I would've loved to see her face when she kept dropping the calls with you...

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
Believe it or not I have had my share of dropped calls on VZW, even on the Droid. I had ATT before, I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex and had dropped calls there too, and ATT is headquartered there. You would think this area has as good of ATT coverage as anywhere else and yet I dropped calls.

I realize in rural areas, on highways and interstates in the middle of nowhere your best bet is VZW. I have personally seen this as I had ATT and VZW contracts at the same time and had service in areas with VZW that ATT didnt. And yet again the reverse of that, service wtih ATT where VZW had none.

Guess what they say is true, YMMV.

I was an iPhone user before switching over to VZW. I LOVED my iPhone, hated to give it up, but I needed to switch to VZW for personal reasons. I started with a Voyager, hated that thing. Switched to the Blackberry Storm the first day it came out, hated that thing even more. I finally got the Droid and actually didnt care for it the first few days I had it. But its certainly grown on me alot. I will say if I could have an iPhone on VZW I would take it over Droid but this platform really has potential and it seems to be getting better all the time.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Classic!........

OP
xjman349

xjman349

Reaction score
Believe it or not I have had my share of dropped calls on VZW, even on the Droid. I had ATT before, I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex and had dropped calls there too, and ATT is headquartered there. You would think this area has as good of ATT coverage as anywhere else and yet I dropped calls.

I realize in rural areas, on highways and interstates in the middle of nowhere your best bet is VZW. I have personally seen this as I had ATT and VZW contracts at the same time and had service in areas with VZW that ATT didnt. And yet again the reverse of that, service wtih ATT where VZW had none.

Guess what they say is true, YMMV.

I was an iPhone user before switching over to VZW. I LOVED my iPhone, hated to give it up, but I needed to switch to VZW for personal reasons. I started with a Voyager, hated that thing. Switched to the Blackberry Storm the first day it came out, hated that thing even more. I finally got the Droid and actually didnt care for it the first few days I had it. But its certainly grown on me alot. I will say if I could have an iPhone on VZW I would take it over Droid but this platform really has potential and it seems to be getting better all the time.

I am glad you are loving your droid. I agree if the iPhone comes it will be a hard decision. Working for Verizon Wireless I will have both to make sure I am recommending the right phone to the right person, as well as being able to troubleshoot the devices. The article that still shocks me to this day from Appleinsider says that 99% of iPhone users love their device 55% of those same people HATE AT&T. Thats a pretty strong statement from a website full of fan boys. One other cool statistic Verizon Wireless has a 97% call completion rate compared to every other carrier which are lower than 94%, that may not seem like a big difference, but when your making your one call from prison, I wouldn't call someone on AT&T. lol

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
^ If iPhone ever comes to VZW ATT will lose millions of customers and they know it.

I really am liking the Droid more and more as time goes by. Initially I didnt care too much for it, guess just that it was so new and different from that crappy BB Storm that I was using. I think there was TOO much stuff to do, I didnt know where to start :) After about the 3rd or 4th day though I started to come around in a big way. I guess I am biased toward the iPhone since Im a Mac user, but Droid has certainly filled a void I had since I had to give up the iPhone. I dont miss it as much now as I did when I was using the Voyager and the Storm.

I have since sold someone else on Droid, my wife :) She had a Blackberry and kept saying "Im fine with this." I said "but there is so much cool stuff on Droid to do compared to BB." I think shes pretty happy she switched.

Del Vecchio

Reaction score
So far for me the worst network has been Sprint. They would drop calls on me all the time. Then I went to Cingular. The service was better but their phones slowly all started looking like razors and that phone was crap so I switched to VZW because the phones were better. I have had issues with the network like going to NJ. My parents have Verizon for internet, phone, and tv but my cell phone wouldnt work up there even after *228 updates. Just a little off to me. I still love my Droid tho

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks to the OP for a very good story. I think they ought to take this same story and make a commercial out of it. They could show the Verizon rep with the map over their head and an AT&T map over the iPhone user. With each dropped call you could show the AT&T map with a big FAIL across it. And end the commercial with a happy Droid user and the Verizon map on their phone.

OP
xjman349

xjman349

Reaction score
I will let them as long as I get paid lol

natty_lite

Reaction score
That was a pretty funny story. I absolutely loved my 3GS, but I will admit it has some ways to go as well...a phone. Was great at just about everything else, though, lol.

I'm currently living in a really bad service area. Despite that, even with what looks like a weak Verizon signal, once I'm on a call, it holds on for dear life. No choppiness either, I was, and still am very impressed. The Droid is the first phone I've had since my 3GS that didn't make me wish I still had it. (Had a Pre, then the HTC Hero after my iPhone)

iPirate

Reaction score
A few days ago I was driving between cities and I used my ATT phone to call my gf. She said she kept hearing a sound and couldn't hear me very well. I told her I'll call her right back. I called with my Droid and she said it was much better!