If you had motorola's ear what would you tell them

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Before you all get all excited and break out your list of expletives, the point of this thread is this: If we had google executives who wanted to know what we wanted for the next Motorola phone what would you ask for.

- Between 5-5.3inch 1080 hd no bezel similar to the droid razr m

- 3800 mah battery

- Motorola build quality and radios

- Camera tech that rival htc phones

- Quad core with at least 2 gigs of ram.

- Feature rich while keeping with the skin to the minimum (stock look and feel)

- First to update to next os after the nexus devices

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
vivo-x3.jpg

on screen buttons

screen-shot-2012-08-20-at-9-28-14-am.png

awesome camera
htconehandsonlead01.jpg

Reaction score
removable battery, physical keyboard, easy rooting access, unlocked bootloader, good camera software

I'm happier than a pig in you know what with my Liquid-JB running D4 and it will take a lot for me to change that.
I'm due for an upgrade in Feb of '14 and assuming I'm able to keep my unlimited data, I may upgrade to the X if I like it. Otherwise, I see no point.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
removable battery, physical keyboard, easy rooting access, unlocked bootloader, good camera software

I'm happier than a pig in you know what with my Liquid-JB running D4 and it will take a lot for me to change that.
I'm due for an upgrade in Feb of '14 and assuming I'm able to keep my unlimited data, I may upgrade to the X if I like it. Otherwise, I see no point.

I would to see a slider variant if done right.

rherron

Reaction score
Build devices you can support with future upgrades.

Sent from my 1 year old work-issued Droid Titanium that's rocking Eclair.

SpeJ3435

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
64GB White Nexus 6
3800mah removable battery stock

SD card slot

Build size of the RAZR M, no bigger than a 4.3" screen

Rounded screen edges like the palm pre

2 GB of ram

Comparable processor

Iphone quality of camera

Unlocked bootloader

Support from Motorola

Stock wireless charger

Cattledog1969

Reaction score
4.8 - 5 inch screen, but say 1mm wider not taller. A battery that meets or beats the Razor Maxx HD endurance, to totally solve any battery life issues, nobody should have to carry around an extra battery. 2 GB Ram, 128 GB built in memory with an additional SD card slot. An HTC quality camera. JMO

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
Only thing I have to recommend is removable battery, other than that I'm fine.

Motorola got away from the spirit of Android, and this phone is what the android spirit is based on. I'm faithful to Motorola, but when I was seeing that the only phones on Verizon that were available were nothing but Droid RAZR's, coming from a Droid Bionic which was dropped and forgotten by Verizon and Motorola as soon as the first RAZR came out, I've come to hate and despise the RAZR's. So hearing about this phone lightened my sprits. The iPhone was 'cool' when it came out, but nothing has really changed with them. Oh, you got an iphone? So does everyone else. You got a new one? Nothing's really different on it. It's literally the same freaking phone over and over. You have an Android? Well there's hundreds of different Androids. Android was based off of getting a phone that met *your* needs. You want a small phone? Done. You want a large phone? Done. You want a different manufacturer? Done. You want a different carrier, but want to stick with android? Done. You want a small phone with high end specs? We'll try. You want a bigger phone with better specs? Done. You want a medium-range phone? Alright, those are becoming popular too. There's variety, you can find the phone that suits you. But.. Like I said, Motorola got away from that concept when they started the RAZR line.

But the Moto X?! Oh my god! It makes the iPhone's customization look like nothing! It makes the S3 customization look tiny! I have never seen a phone that you can customize this much. I honestly cannot wait for this phone. My upgrade was available almost 3 weeks ago, I'm holding out for this phone.

One last thing.. With the coming of Snapchat, my Droid Bionic proved how crappy the front camera really is on it. On other phones with front cameras, it tells you the MP on it. On the Bionic it just says 'Yes', it has one. I think it's in the 0.2-0.5MP range. Terrible in low to moderate light conditions, and extremely pixelated.. Anywho.

The only other thing that I like in my phones is the tough looking phone type. The Original Droid 1 really showed this. The square shape, the black on black, it looked like a tough phone. I didn't want to get any of the Galaxy S series phones or anything like those, the ones that are extremely rounded.. The Moto X is rounded, but it doesn't look as rounded as the S3, which I can settle for. Other than that, spot on. Affordable phone (hopefully, since I'm on Verizon) with good specs and great customization.

recDNA

Reaction score
Always include sd card option. Offer a new Nexus with top of the line hardware. Build GE of all new phones. Bring back led notifier and fm radio.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2