I guess I'll wait for DX3 Lol.

dAi

Reaction score
Im thinking that Motorola is going to release a DROID X3 next year with a quad core, 1GB Ram, full HD or 720p screen resolution, 1080p video recording, front facing camera and no 4G lol.

What do you guys think? They're purposely not wanting to make the perfect DROID X...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Dullawolf

Reaction score
lol. i was thinking the same thing. Well the quad core, front facing camera and 4g. I think it would be sweet. I hope they keep the x line going. I am up for a new phone 12/12. so hopefully they have a new wicked sweet droid x whatever out by then.

TreFiDDy

Reaction score
Idk about all that stuff ha personally just a dual core with sufficient ram to not make my phone lag a decent camera would be enough. I could care less about 3/4g or a front facing camera all that other stuff. I just want me phone to be able to browse the interwebz and play a few games and handle some flashing here and there without going stupid on me.

Sent From A Modded X

Mavic

Reaction score
For some people phones will continue to never meet their demands. The "mobile elitists" should I say. Having a phone that is faster than my laptop or desktop PC just seems silly IMO. I find that when I am not at home and rely on my X2, I only use it for texting, email, calls and the rare browser or game if I am that bored. I think the X2 is perfect technologically for what I need it for at least a year or two.

Dullawolf

Reaction score
i am pretty comfortable with my DX. I like how there are various roms you can choose from and just how customizable it is. I will see what is available when it is time for an upgrade. I still have a year and 6 months.

rushmore

Reaction score
Im thinking that Motorola is going to release a DROID X3 next year with a quad core, 1GB Ram, full HD or 720p screen resolution, 1080p video recording, front facing camera and no 4G lol.

What do you guys think? They're purposely not wanting to make the perfect DROID X...

The assumption being that Motorola survives the year in their current corporate state ;) :icon_eek:

The Xoom has so far failed

OS Updates are basically failing

DX2 sales are apparently weak and firmware is only something that can be semi-tamed if a person roots (not many people do) and knows what they are doing.

Bionic delayed

Motorola was already getting weaker, but the current issues and slow adoption by other carriers could hurt them and result in an Asia-only business model, sometime down the road. Bionic and other devices need to be hits, plus OS updates need better QC in order for them to gain traction.

Still, if they fix the DX2 firmware, or release the Bionic (with less bugs than the DX2)- I will be happy.

Last edited:
OP
D

dAi

Reaction score
I need my phone to be responsive when I want it too. Hate it when I am showing my phone to someone and is not as fast like it normally would. If the affix got 1gb of ram, why not the x2? It needs a faster and better resolution camera when using at night. Honestly, hate to say this but the iPhones camera is much faster and responsive than Dx...

vvildcard

Reaction score
I need my phone to be responsive when I want it too. Hate it when I am showing my phone to someone and is not as fast like it normally would.

You clearly haven't been using V6_SuperCharger. You should really give it a try.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score

The assumption being that Motorola survives the year in their current corporate state ;) :icon_eek:

DX2 sales are apparently weak and firmware is only something that can be semi-tamed if a person roots (not many people do) and knows what they are doing.

Bionic delayed

Motorola was already getting weaker, but the current issues and slow adoption by other carriers could hurt them and result in an Asia-only business model, sometime down the road. Bionic and other devices need to be hits, plus OS updates need better QC in order for them to gain traction.

Still, if they fix the DX2 firmware, or release the Bionic (with less bugs than the DX2)- I will be happy.

If they simply unlocked the bootloader and had better quality devices, I am sure more people like myself would be more pro Moto.

As of right now, I will not be buying another Moto product since the hardware isn't as quality as the competition and the software is slow and buggy.

sent from my ApeX

vvildcard

Reaction score
How would i set that up on my x?

There are steps described in the link in my signature... but they're specific to the X2... you could probably do the same thing, but I would not use the MegaMemory settings. One of the Aggressive settings would probably be better for the X1.

You might also want to check the Droid X forums... I haven't looked, but they may have more specific instructions.

Zetsumei

Reaction score

Yeahh... no. Quadcore might be released on tablets by the end of this year, and MAYBE a phone (which is stupid imo). Don't see why they keep just pissing out new hardware when they can't even optimize the damn OS. Android will crash and burn if all they do is keep bumping out new hardware, it will piss off people. When you your new phone, and then within the next month another new phone that comes out. Will it put your current phone to shame? Maybe. Google needs to be more strict and set guidlines for manufacterers, and set some sort of hardware guidline medium. Most developers don't like programming for Android because of all the differences in hardware.

Why bother to release dual core and then just release quad while duals are fresh on the market? The software out can't even optimize the hardware, most phones are still being released with froyo which isn't optimized for dual. Yes it can use it at an OS level but other than that, not much gain at all. ICS will probably be out by the time most current phones get GB, pretty pathetic IMO. Google needs to take a stronger stand and impose more control. Then MAYBE all the proivders and manufacters will get their asses out of their heads, and have some sort of standard. Some hardware variation would be nice, but it's just too spread out right now.

I guess we will have to wait and see what direction Android will take.

haxerpaylay

Reaction score

Bionic delayed

If they simply unlocked the bootloader and had better quality devices, I am sure more people like myself would be more pro Moto.

As of right now, I will not be buying another Moto product since the hardware isn't as quality as the competition and the software is slow and buggy.

sent from my ApeX

I myself am pretty pro moto. I think if they unlocked the bootloader of the droidx and the x2 they would be even more amazing phones. With the coming on cyanogenmod and 2nd init on the droidx I think the possibility of a unlocked bootloader is near, either from moto or a developer.

SSX 2.0 and underclocked to 800mhz with ultra low voltages.