If you could only have/recommend 5 APPS ?

Reaction score
I'll try not to list obvious/included apps like GMail :)

1. Timeriffic
2. Pageonce
3. Pulse
4. Any incarnation of Angry Birds :)
5. Dropbox

morty33

Reaction score
i am but a week old nexus novice.....so i can only say one is amazing

PULSE....visual news reader.....80 articles from your favorite news feeds on one page....

and does anyone know if there is an ap to override the asterisk default of Google talk into email and text? (i can't find my way round this forum yet either!)

cheers

DROOIID

Reaction score
Google Voice - free texting
Miren Web Browser - best browser known to man
Adfree - for those awfully intrusive ads in apps
Titanium Backup - for freezing apps and moving all apps to SD card
Wireless Tether - yup call the android police on me

Notable: superuser app, rom manager, Sirius radio app, tune in radio, and fancy widgets.

Unbreakable1

Reaction score
great thread!

i did not read through every page but did have a few to mention

k-9 mail - awesome
swiftkey x (beta) - great keyboard and predicts much better than stock keyboard, actually learns your style

i do have a question if any1 knows of an app that can fulfill my wishes

calendar: my working days cant always be scheduled as 'every day' or 'every tuesday' or 'every 1st tuesday' or whatever most of these calendar apps/widgets allow, anybody have 1 that i can copy/paste events where i need to?

notepad/tasks: full screen / half screen widget that will list my tasks, i can edit the list as i complete them...the ones i have tried will place a widget on screen but i cant do much with them, or i have to click on it, which takes me to my list and i can edit from there

thank you!

xm0067

Reaction score
So hard to pick just 5!

Smart Taskbar A multi-tasking assistant and quick app switch, i highly reccomend for people who like to flick from their browser/facebook/etc a lot
K-9 Mail A simple mail client that combines all my mail accounts with a simple interface, a bit spartan, but useful
Tasker its nearly impossible to describe what this app can do, but essentially it will do nearly anything based on a certain parameters (I.E: I'm in a call and i set the phone on its face, speakerphone turns on) Very clever, very amazing app, it costs ~$8 though
DroidForums App pretty self explanatory, the app for this forum
Android Overclock Very useful app that lets me overclock/undervolt my droid 2, which is currently running at 1.15 ghz ulv instead of 1 ghz nv, my phone is noticeably faster, it costs $1.50 though

Natey2

Reaction score
1. JuiceDefender - battery life will be much shorter without it.
2. FlexT9 - otherwise, I'd be typing like crazy.
3. DroidForums app - so I can post messages like this :)
4. Good for Enterprise - corporate email/calendar, so that I don't have to carry a BlackBerry as well.
5. GPS Status and Toolbox - fix to allow Google Maps Navigation to correctly lock on to a satellite when it can't.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app.

AileenFlannigan

Reaction score
1. Gas Buddy
With gas prices still consistently rising, the quest for the cheapest nearby gas can be a frustrating and pointless task, especially if you are driving around wasting precious fuel to find a better price just for the heck of saying you did. Gas Buddy uses your location to quickly locate nearby gas stations and immediately give you the best price around. The app gives you a list and a helpful map of all of your options. Never again will you fill up only to drive by a less expensive station five blocks later.

2. Weather Channel
This is the weather app you’ll find yourself checking before you even crack the blinds in the morning. Besides offering accurate current conditions with extreme detail down to wind speed, humidity and UV index, the Weather Channel’s app offers hourly and 10-day forecasts for planning ahead, plus advanced features like animated weather radar.

3. Google Voice
With Google Voice, you get a free number for receiving calls, sending texts, and even receive access to your voicemail and text messages over the Web. With the Android app, you can even keep your true mobile number private by making outgoing calls using your Google Voice number instead. Another handy feature is voicemail transcription, which automatically transcribes your voicemails to text so you can read them like e-mail.

4. iTriage Mobile Health
Created by doctors, this app is designed to give users quick and easy access to medical info as well as nearby treatment facilities. With just a few clicks, users can find the nearest medical facility based on need (emergency, urgent care, pharmacy, etc.) and quickly use built-in Google Maps to navigate to the destination. The app also features a symptom-checker, doctor directory, and information about diseases and procedures.

5. Opera Mini Browser
Opera greases the wheels of the Web using special servers that compress pages prior to sending them to your phone. Besides using less bandwidth, pages appear in a fraction of the time, which makes it the go-to browser when you need to know who won the World Series in 1964, the colors of the Estonian flag, or the population of Miami in a flash.

macrogigs

Reaction score
1. GPS Tracker
2. Sprinkle
3. DroidMovieApp
4. Pandora
5. ShopSavvy

Those are my favorites

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Launcher Pro
Hanscent SMS
Dropbox
BatteryLife Widget (Curvefish)
GoContacts (Replacement Dialer & Contact app)

droidfellow

Reaction score
1. Beyondpod - podcast catcher
2. WhatsApp - instant message accross platform, and all over the world free, to blackberry, iphone, nokia. Works great for me and my family in all around the world.
3. Feedly - RSS reader syncs with google reader
4. Astrid - great to do list
5. Out of milk simple but effective shopping list...can also to-do list

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

i2000civic

Reaction score
Favorite Five

I really love the question and I wrote enough down. Some just had to put more than five. you should take a poll and see based on all the suggestions which are the top 5?
Anyway thanks again for the question and thanks to all of you who suggested. Some sounded real cool and I look forward to try some of them out.:hail:

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
Foxfi / PDA net
App backup & restore
1 tap cleaner
MSNBC
Droidtv
Out of Milk
Speedtest.Net

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums