If you could only have/recommend 5 APPS ?

debdroid1a

Reaction score
My favorite app is "Whoisit". I work 3rd shift and my phone rings alot while I'm trying to sleep, but I don't want to silence it since I have a child who might need to get in touch with me. Whoisit lets you silence all calls, SMS, MMS, etc. except for the ones you want to get through.
I've been using Silent Time. Does the same thing. I don't want to get notified of an e-mail or even a WordFued game play notification when I don't need it. That should have been in my top 5 above, but it's set and I never think of it. Goes on in the evening and goes off in the morning automatically.

benjaway

Reaction score
re top 5

1.Launcher Pro - home replacement comes with tons of amazing widgets, scrollable docks, 3d app drawer, amazing operations feel
2.Elixir - cram more switches and apps into less space and see whats going on with ur stuff also shows battery and cpu use amongst other stuff in noty bar.
3.jorte - really good calendar app
4.Lightning bug alarm - sleep alarm, alarm clock, and ambient sound generator so you can sleep to everything from rain and thunderstorm to dogs barking and trains if youre feeling a bit hood.
5.Endomondo sports - great app for tracking your workouts like running cycling snowboarding etc... gps assisted and manages your music and allows you to race yourself and others plus they hold competitions you can compete in on their main site.

droidphone23

Reaction score
My top 5!!!

My top 5 Apps!!! :)

1)Ninja jump (good time wasting game)
2)Barcode scanner(c what things cost)
3)Bump (can get photos and music etc.)
4)Talking tom cat (makes kids laugh and just funny to hear the voice)
5)Paper Toss (waste ur time game)

theHQ

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
5 no way !
Handcent SMS
K9 Mail
WeatherbugElite
Twica
Zedge
ScoreMobile
NFLMobile
Drivesafely-paid
Beautiful Widgets
Documents To Go

dpaine88

Reaction score
1)GO SMS
2) GO Launcher ex
3) Fancy Widget Pro ( just like HTC Sense clock)
4) Root Explorer
5) PowerAMP

supermaughan

Reaction score
Some of my favorite apps that I haven't seen mentioned to much. (I have to admit I didn't read all the post.)

Andy-86 (TI-86 emulator, reminds me of high school in a good way.)
Car Dashboard (I like the speedometer better than the default car dock.)
Amazon App Store (free app a day.)
Bathroom Reader (I'm starting to lose interest in this one because it repeats to much.)
LDS Scriptures App (Limited audience but if you are Mormon, this is a great app for the Hymns. I don't actually have this yet but I've used it.)

scotch59

Reaction score
1. ADW EX
2. Apps Organizer
3. Power Amp Pro
4. Tweetdeck
5. Zedge
Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Thunderbolt48

Reaction score
Wow , 5 that would be a problem. I have a Thunderbolt and now I have 618. The more I use them the more my list would be to keep these. All of them. So far no problems just wish there was a way to force move apps to the sd without hacking the device like I did my Palm and Pocket PC. I had over 1500 programs on them. If anyone knows how to move them let me know but I dont want to hack my device. I will just have to settle with 618, hehe

detroitwilly

Reaction score
This is one of the most incredibly useful entertainment apps on my phone, and it's free. I can now stream my entire music library (mp3's and iTunes) from my pc directly to my phone. No more copying music files and eating up all my storage on the phone.

This app, along with Pandora (another of my top picks) satisfy all my requirements for mobile music. Love it, love it, love it!!!

I recently got a new car and my phone is now synced with the Bluetooth. With AudioGalaxy, I can now play the music wirelessly in my car, thru the phone from my home computer! How friggin' cool is that?!?!?

Sounds cool, except
"Important: Install Audiogalaxy on only one computer and be sure to leave that computer turned on, and not in sleep or hibernate mode"

But I love the idea.

I thought Audiogalaxy would be great. I downloaded it and used it for a couple of days. The next thing I noticed was that my phone didn't have the songs on it anymore. I went home and checked and all of my songs had disappeared. I don't know that the app lost the songs for sure, but 2 days prior to losing 8000 songs, I gave permission for the app to access my songs and showed the location of my files. I was able to get about 5000 back using a program called Recuva.
Anyway, I'm not *****ing, it's just if I read something like this and heard that there was even a slim possibility of losing my songs, I wouldn't have downloaded it. You've been warned.

jrobi25

Reaction score
1.Open Home 6
2.Pulse
3.Swipe Pad
4.Plants vs. Zombies
5.Quickpik

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Neil1979

Reaction score
1. setcpu (for overclocking my rooted droid)
2. live Blackjack (just for fun)
3. history eraser (to keep it clean)
4. Android assistant (to keep an eye on what is using my battery)
5. adfree (because I don't like annoying ad's)

I am still new to the droid family so I am sure the list will change almost daily...

katy_sh

Reaction score
1. justreader - for reading rss-feeds
2. ebuddy - i don't like google pre-installed program for google talk, it's broken every time
3. evernotes
4. google maps

Defrostmode

Reaction score
OK. I won't be the first to break the 5 app rule so I don't feel bad.

I'm leaving Beautiful Widgets out because I'll just assume EVERYONE has it :p

Games:
Stupid Zombies - hitting zombies with fewest bullets
Curvy - puzzle, line up.... lines
FlightControl - see who can sleep the longest. jk. land planes
Gangstar Miami Vindication - gta wannabe
Shadow Guardian - Uncharted/Tomb Raider wannabe

For fun:
Scanner radio - police/emergency scanner
Akinator - guesses the actor or fictional character your thinking of
A world of photo - send and receive photo's around the world (fun if you can ignore all the body parts)
c:geo - AWESOME geocaching app
Netflix - movies and shows

Useful:
Ringo pro - individual ringtones and alerts for each person
Cardiotrainer pro - keeps track of your runs and more
Airborne - makes your phone a mouse
Documents to go - a mini Microsoft office
Moon+ reader - fav book reader (like better than aldiko)

Honerable mentions:
Bump - send stuff to other people by bumping devices together
Waze - GPS directions and driving pac-man type game
Soundhound and shazam - music recognition (sounhound even rocognizes humming!)
Lyric legend - match lyrics to part of song it'd be played
My migraine log - unfortunately gets used often. Great for keeping track.

Last edited: