Your "Must Have" Widgets?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
SD card memory widget..... any one else's stop working the last few days? I had to uninstall and give it up... nothing brought it back to life... (though the graphic never displaying properly anyway)

Mr. Premium

Reaction score
i was just experimenting with widgets that are available on my phone and i clicked on one called application dock. at first it just looked like a transparent gray bar that i couldn't move. i put some apps on it and it holds alot and you just scroll thru them till you see the one you like. ANYWAY how the hell do i remove this widget !!! it wont do anything when i long press on it to drag it to the trash. help! lol

UPDATE: i figured it out. this lil application dock widget is awesome! i put shortcuts to all my fav contacts and it just scrolls right thru em. i luv that i can just click on their face and get the option to text or call any number you have for them :D

Where is this "application dock". I can't find it. Is it part of 2.0 or is it in the app store?

EDIT: Never mind it's only for GDE. I wish that app dock was available by itself. I don't want a home app, I think the droid could be faster as is, a home app seems like it would slow it down even more.

Silverwing

Reaction score
Yeah, I really want a similar app. Pandahome, also has a dock bar, and it works great. I just wish there was a stand alone for these apps.

rican408

Reaction score
That suks man. If its not there its because of the c & d order.... wonnder if there is a work around to install the file from someone who has it now?

DaHarder

Reaction score
Beautiful Widgets (RIP)

GDE App Bar Widget

Pandora Widget

Tech Buzz

All Outstanding Widgets
]

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Where is this "application dock". I can't find it. Is it part of 2.0 or is it in the app store?

EDIT: Never mind it's only for GDE. I wish that app dock was available by itself. I don't want a home app, I think the droid could be faster as is, a home app seems like it would slow it down even more.

Yeah, I really want a similar app. Pandahome, also has a dock bar, and it works great. I just wish there was a stand alone for these apps.

Well, it's not a widget, but there's App Organizer. When set up there is a single icon on your home screen. When you press it, it opens into a box that contains any apps you put in it. The defaults are Multimedia, Tools, Games, Internet and Android. You can do custom ones as well.

jstrick5

Reaction score
Where is this "Applications Dock" widget located? Is it a stock widget or from the market? I couldn't find it under "Add Widget" or "Add Shortcuts"

*EDIT: Read the post saying it's in GDE!

Inuyash'Allah

Reaction score
I backed up the BeautifulWidgets apk, and I can post it if someone wants it. Is that against the rules?

Either way, the dev is re-desigining BeautifulWidgets to get around the C&D

jstrick5

Reaction score
The redesign will be nice BUT he'd better off the new version to those who paid for the original or i'll be PO'd

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The redesign will be nice BUT he'd better off the new version to those who paid for the original or i'll be PO'd

just a buck or so.... i'll buy again... the developer has shown he's on the ball with updates and fixes. doesn't bother me to buy it again... he works for it :)

Silverwing

Reaction score

Well, it's not a widget, but there's App Organizer. When set up there is a single icon on your home screen. When you press it, it opens into a box that contains any apps you put in it. The defaults are Multimedia, Tools, Games, Internet and Android. You can do custom ones as well.

Isn't that the same as a standard folder?