If I use google voice on my droid

miltk

Reaction score
,,,what costs would that entail? am i $aving anything or is it just the advantages of the utilization of it's tools?

thx all

sportadic22

Reaction score
To my knowledge which is not alot at the moment FYI lol so you may wanna wait for others to reply to get a better answer.
But my friend is using the droid and uses his Google voice number mainly and i know that he doesn't pay for the texting plan because he texts thru Google voice instead. which i guess from his simple explanation to me said that Google voice texting uses the internet to send texts and its whole program instead of the Verizon network?.... sooo he saves money there. but im not completely sure on how the process works.

How To: Totally Overhaul Your Phones With Google Voice - Google Voice - Gizmodo
some info on google voice.. may explain some things better.

try to help..sorry if not :p

MNTNBKR

Reaction score
There is a potential to save money a couple of different ways. One, if you use Visual Voice Mail from Verizon, that's an extra $3 a month. If you switch to GV visual voice mail, it's free. Also, as the previous poster mentioned, GV uses the internet (data) to send TXT messages as opposed to Verizon, so you can cancel your TXT plan from Verizon to save money that way as well.

That's all that I know of.

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If u have the friends and family (where u can call 5 or 10 #s for free) u can put your GV number as one and the number that GV transulates (406xxxxxxx). If u do that then technical u could have unlimited calling as well.

sportadic22

Reaction score
Then why wouldn't/couldn't you just add the number GV uses to dial out on in your family/friend 5/10

edit: actually what i said...maybe doesn't make sense>?? hahha

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Isn't that what I said (406xxxxxxx GV number)!! When u call out it is your GV number. When you receive a call from someone from GV it comes in as a 406 number. There is also an option to set the caller id to show up as your GV number, and you just don't know who is calling you. With that you should only need your GV number in the F&F.

Reaction score
You don't save any money as far as calling with GV goes. I still get charged for it, but yeah, texting you do get for free which is nice.

Trever1t

Reaction score
when you call out using GV it actually uses an exchange # and it tends to change. Listing your GV in your F&F would work IF you set you GV settings (online) so that all incoming calls are ID'd as your GV # but then you lose caller ID, get it?