Google voice cost

Droid_Junky

Reaction score
Only if you use it to make international calls. There are no charges (besides your normal minutes) when used in the states.

DHood

Reaction score
Only if you use it to make international calls. There are no charges (besides your normal minutes) when used in the states.

Wait, I thought using your phone with google voice bypassed verizon's stuff and therefore used no minutes? People talked about using google voice and dropping their call plan to the bare minimum... Can you farther explain how exactly google voice works, or someone, please?

Yodes

Reaction score
ddd

Wait, I thought using your phone with google voice bypassed verizon's stuff and therefore used no minutes? People talked about using google voice and dropping their call plan to the bare minimum... Can you farther explain how exactly google voice works, or someone, please?

Yes that is correct. You can bypass Verizon's minutes by using your google voice. I have dropped my calling plan to the bare minimum. Google voice uses your data plan not your minutes so I have my unlimited data and cheapest calling plan. Makes it very cheap

superglen99

Reaction score
You can cut your texting plan because Google voice sends texts as data however you cannot send or receive mms through Google voice. Search the forums there are many threads on this already.

Azmordean

Reaction score
As I understand it google voice DOES use minutes. It is not like skype. Instead, effectively, you call google, then google connects you through its servers to the other person. Likewise when someone calls your GV number, they connect to google then google "calls" you. Of course it is all totally transparent. That's why gv can do things like make all your phones ring or route certain people to certain phone numbers. Also why its cheaper for international - you are making a domestic call to google then google routes you to the international person. But make no mistake, the link from the droid to google is through a normal cell call and DOES use minutes.