1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Google voice cost

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by Hypnotic, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Hypnotic

Hypnotic New Member

Does google voice ever cost anything?
  2. Droid_Junky

Droid_Junky New Member

Only if you use it to make international calls. There are no charges (besides your normal minutes) when used in the states.
  3. DHood

DHood New Member

Wait, I thought using your phone with google voice bypassed verizon's stuff and therefore used no minutes? People talked about using google voice and dropping their call plan to the bare minimum... Can you farther explain how exactly google voice works, or someone, please?
  4. Yodes

Yodes New Member

ddd

Yes that is correct. You can bypass Verizon's minutes by using your google voice. I have dropped my calling plan to the bare minimum. Google voice uses your data plan not your minutes so I have my unlimited data and cheapest calling plan. Makes it very cheap
  5. superglen99

superglen99 New Member

You can cut your texting plan because Google voice sends texts as data however you cannot send or receive mms through Google voice. Search the forums there are many threads on this already.
  6. Azmordean

Azmordean New Member

As I understand it google voice DOES use minutes. It is not like skype. Instead, effectively, you call google, then google connects you through its servers to the other person. Likewise when someone calls your GV number, they connect to google then google "calls" you. Of course it is all totally transparent. That's why gv can do things like make all your phones ring or route certain people to certain phone numbers. Also why its cheaper for international - you are making a domestic call to google then google routes you to the international person. But make no mistake, the link from the droid to google is through a normal cell call and DOES use minutes.
Search tags for this page

android s voice cost

does google voip cost anything

does it cost anything calling a google voice number

does voice chat cost anything

google google voice costs

google voice cost how much does it cost

will google voice cost anything