ICS tomorrow plz

ocramavaf

Reaction score
Ansa82 said:
exactly! there would be a soak test first!

How would we know when there has been a soak?

However i know it will be soon as most other companies are updating their flag ships as we speak

Snoking

Reaction score
ocramavaf said:

However i know it will be soon as most other companies are updating their flag ships as we speak

Most other companies? Like who?

Reaction score
exactly! there would be a soak test first!

Maybe not. Maintenance update yes, but ICS? Not so sure. These leaks that are being run are being monitored on the forums. Again, it's a guessing game at this point.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

The soak tests are supposed to be confidential. However, when a soak test occurs, the information about it can be found all over the place online. Most of the major Android sites will run a brief news story about it, and you'll see information all over various forums. There are always several participants in the soak test that talk about them.

Maybe not. Maintenance update yes, but ICS? Not so sure. These leaks that are being run are being monitored on the forums. Again, it's a guessing game at this point.

There will be a soak test. Even if it only runs a few days before the general release, there will be one. In fact, given that it is a major OS update, there's even more of a reason for a soak test than for a smaller maintenance build, regardless of the leaks. The leaks may help guide them into a more stable build, but they're not a substitute for a proper soak test in the way that Motorola conducts them.

rpdonald

Reaction score
MyEntityRemains said:

They always soak test a major OS update. And the great thing about this site is as soon as they send out the emails then we all will know about it. Gotta love this community!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Droid Forums

ocramavaf

Reaction score
Snoking said:
Most other companies? Like who?

Htc is seeding the ics updates for the sensation xl ( who have promised to support an impressive number of devices, even my mothers old by technology standards desire Hd is slated to get it), the galaxy sii and note both received theirs a couple of weeks ago and those two particular companies are the leading companies when it comes to Android or to put it better the ones most people who are not familiar with android think about when they hear the name, I think motorola will not be far behind as they are going to release the gsm version of the razr maxx and possibly droid 4 in the rest of the world I think they would want to use the ics update to squeeze a bit more sales out of both droids before they move onto the next flag ship hand set as most other companies have one out or officially announced and they are running ice cream sandwich out of the box (htc one x, galaxy SIII, lg optimus 4x Hd come to mind and not only those but many more like miezu and so on and so forth).

So in short i dont see the update as being too far away because moto will need the power of the razr and its maximized brother to hold down the fort until the next big thing the conjure up.

ocramavaf

Reaction score
bsweetness said:
The soak tests are supposed to be confidential. However, when a soak test occurs, the information about it can be found all over the place online. Most of the major Android sites will run a brief news story about it, and you'll see information all over various forums. There are always several participants in the soak test that talk about them.

There will be a soak test. Even if it only runs a few days before the general release, there will be one. In fact, given that it is a major OS update, there's even more of a reason for a soak test than for a smaller maintenance build, regardless of the leaks. The leaks may help guide them into a more stable build, but they're not a substitute for a proper soak test in the way that Motorola conducts them.

Ah well then ill be on the lookout for whistle blower soak testers, I am not particularly anxious for the update, I just have a few quirks that I hope the update will fix in general, I love my razr as it is but like i say i would not mind having ice cream sandwich.

androidify

Reaction score
There will definitely be a soak. The minor fixes that just rolled out for the d3 a few weeks back even had a soak it was only for a day or two so with this big of an update u can bet on a soak for a few days if not a week.

ultra09hd

Reaction score
Pretty sure the soak test has been done already...i got an email about it weeks ago...but didn't sign up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Pretty sure the soak test has been done already...i got an email about it weeks ago...but didn't sign up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

There was a soak test for the last Gingerbread update weeks ago, but there hasn't been a soak test for the ICS update. Before the soak test actually occurred, a lot of people speculated that it was for ICS, but it wasn't.

sava700

Reaction score
Well still nothing - I'm surprised we haven't heard anything from that guy that leaked the screen shot out from over there on reddit.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
There was a soak test for the last Gingerbread update weeks ago, but there hasn't been a soak test for the ICS update. Before the soak test actually occurred, a lot of people speculated that it was for ICS, but it wasn't.

Ohhh the month of april lol. Wow :screwy: that was one for the books :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!