Razr Arriving Tomorrow

Reaction score
After having problems with 5 Bionics, Verizon is sending me a Razr tomorrow.

They offered me a rezound and lg spectrum and also mentioned iPhone, in addition to the razr. I chose the razr after reading about the specs and seeing positive reviews.

How do razr owners feel about the phone? Positives and negatives? Any special advice?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

DocsDad

Reaction score
You will love it. Awesome phone. I have not had even the slightest issue and its turned on and with me 24/7.

Play with Smart Actions to get all the convenience of what turns on/off and when it happens. Also this can assist greatly in improving battery life.

Congrats

OP
D
Reaction score
You will love it. Awesome phone. I have not had even the slightest issue and its turned on and with me 24/7.

Play with Smart Actions to get all the convenience of what turns on/off and when it happens. Also this can assist greatly in improving battery life.

Congrats

Thank you! Smart Actions is one of the things that made my decision....along with the screen and slimness of the phone.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
I'd imagine they didn't offer you a maxx

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
The Razr and the Maxx are both good devices...hope you enjoy whichever one you get! Good luck and congrats!!

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Had my Maxx for a week now. Love it. Got VZW to give me an extremely early upgrade because of ongoing data reception issues with my Gnex. So I got the Maxx at the upgrade price and got to keep the Gnex. Which I just sold. While I miss ICS, unlocked bootloader and the added screen size, excellent data reception and outstanding battery life are fair trade-offs.

Tap'd to the Maxx

OP
D
Reaction score
I'd imagine they didn't offer you a maxx

Nope. But I really do not need a battery that big so it was fine with me to choose the razr.

Battery life actually was never a problem for me with the bionic. Now the thunderbolt I had for 5 days was another story....that phone would not make it through a few hours without needing a charge. I think that is why I did not choose the rezound. Also I like Motorola phones.

OP
D
Reaction score
Had my Maxx for a week now. Love it. Got VZW to give me an extremely early upgrade because of ongoing data reception issues with my Gnex. So I got the Maxx at the upgrade price and got to keep the Gnex. Which I just sold. While I miss ICS, unlocked bootloader and the added screen size, excellent data reception and outstanding battery life are fair trade-offs.

Tap'd to the Maxx

That is great news you are enjoying your maxx so much!! I can't wait to get my razr today! I love the slimness of the phones and the screen is fantastic.

I hope the maxx and razr receive ics soon. I read somewhere it would happen in early 2012, but I am sure others here know more than I do about that.

Zandar

Reaction score
That is great news you are enjoying your maxx so much!! I can't wait to get my razr today! I love the slimness of the phones and the screen is fantastic.

I hope the maxx and razr receive ics soon. I read somewhere it would happen in early 2012, but I am sure others here know more than I do about that.

Completely up in the air, right now. Moto first said Q1 2012, now both devices are "under evaluation" with no ETA. Realistically, though, there's not much ICS has to offer that we don't already have.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score

Tap'd to the Maxx

I dont get it. I've read so many threads of verizon allowing early upgrades. However, in my case. They tell me kick rocks. I've been trying to get an early upgrade for my wife's phone since January. She has a fascinate and had nothing but problems. Her upgrade date is 5/14/2012.:frown:

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I dont get it. I've read so many threads of verizon allowing early upgrades. However, in my case. They tell me kick rocks. I've been trying to get an early upgrade for my wife's phone since January. She has a fascinate and had nothing but problems. Her upgrade date is 5/14/2012.:frown:

I just got the Gnex in December using my wife's upgrade. They let me upgrade my line to get the Maxx, which I just used an upgrade for last June to get my daughter and iphone 4. Still have two upgrades available on my other two lines.

Tap'd to the Maxx

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
I just got the Gnex in December using my wife's upgrade. They let me upgrade my line to get the Maxx, which I just used an upgrade for last June to get my daughter and iphone 4. Still have two upgrades available on my other two lines.

Tap'd to the Maxx

How are you guys getting early upgrades. I explained it to them. Her phone is out of warranty. Losers only offered me phones to buy out of contract... :mad:

OP
D
Reaction score
My razr arrived and I finally have it all set up and working. So far I really like it. I am suprised at the additional features compared to the bionic. Really nice!

I installed the upgrade and love the changes.

The screen is really beautiful. The only thing I notice is the whites seem more gray but otherwise the colors are really vibrant. I love the slimness and the feel of it in my hand. The camera seems much better than my Bionic.

So far, so good.....

T0M65

Reaction score
I got my two Razr's under the special Verizon has going on for $199 get the second phone free and double the data. I was short of upgrading by 14 months and was denied by the first rep. I called back later and asked the guy if he could pass it by a supervisor since I was a long term customer and my plan gave me two dumb phones worth about $100 (it's not like they gave me a $600 phone) and they got their money back already, plus I was going to add data packages to each line. He got it approved and the phones are on the way. :icon_ banana: