DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
3a6810182416198.jpg
9c6670182416186.jpg
f6543d182416203.jpg

Most of us have done everything we could to stay as far away from MotoBlur as we can! MotoBlur is probably the least popular of the manufacturer skins. However Motorola has really cleaned up their skin in their ICS build for the Razr and many moto users are really beginning to sing the praises of the new and improved motoblur. Most of us for the most part don't want anything to do with manufacturer skins in general, but sometimes it is nice to atleast get to test it out for yourself. Developer "RockoDev" has made this possible for non Motorola users. He has pulled the home launcher from the Razr ICS leak. All you have to do to install is put the two files in system/app using root explorer and reboot the phone. This has not been tested on all devices but is said to work on any Rom running version 4.0. I would highly recommend making a full nandroid backup before applying this mod just incase you end up in a bootloop.

Grab the launcher files via XDA and discuss it here: Droid RAZR

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
That looks fairly identical to stock.

Brava Moto Brava

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

ka1z0ku

Reaction score
This looks nothing like the MotoBlur from Motorola's 4.0.3 ICS rom. It looks like Gingerbread MotoBlur fused with ICS... Very strange. But cool that someone got it working, I guess...

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using DroidForums

ka1z0ku

Reaction score
I see. MotoBlur must be buried in there somewhere. Maybe Moto is planning a user-selectable launcher at some point?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Why??????

I specifically bought a Nexus so I could get as far away from Blur as I could. It's not even on the rom I have on my DX.

Now that I got that out I know that there are going to be some people who will use the this.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Insidious

Reaction score
I'll be sure to try this out. I've been waiting or a blur launcher for a long time.

Sent from my A100 using DroidForums

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
I'm with Quicksilver7714 I'd rather have a stock vanilla ICS rom for Motorola devices that removes every pathetic, annoying, ugly feature of MotoBlur. This is the reason I still have a Droid 1; no motoblur, just a stock gingerbread rom the way it is supposed to be. Curse you Motorola! :censored:

To each their own. However if anyone actually likes motoblur then why get a non-motorola phone and install this launcher? :blink:

pyrofreak

Reaction score
I actually have the razr maxx and I just gotthe update but my phone looks exactly the same except the settings menu icons have changed. Wtf? Why didn't mine change to this way better looking blur

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm with Quicksilver7714 I'd rather have a stock vanilla ICS rom for Motorola devices that removes every pathetic, annoying, ugly feature of MotoBlur. This is the reason I still have a Droid 1; no motoblur, just a stock gingerbread rom the way it is supposed to be. Curse you Motorola! :censored:

To each their own. However if anyone actually likes motoblur then why get a non-motorola phone and install this launcher? :blink:
why would they install this launcher? maybe they like motoblur but hate being limited by a locked bootloader?

Androidatic

Reaction score
Why??????

I specifically bought a Nexus so I could get as far away from Blur as I could. It's not even on the rom I have on my DX.

Now that I got that out I know that there are going to be some people who will use the this.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

To each his own. That's why some people like me actually bought a Razr over a Nexus.

ka1z0ku

Reaction score
I actually have the razr maxx and I just gotthe update but my phone looks exactly the same except the settings menu icons have changed. Wtf? Why didn't mine change to this way better looking blur

The last OTA was .173 , an upgrade to GB 2.3.6, not ICS. I suspect this is what you are running. You can confirm in the settings-> about phone menu. In order to be running ICS right now you will have had to installed cheesecake or a custom ROM.

arparaspolo

Reaction score
I actually like Stock Moto. There are a few things I dislike. Like, no scrollable widgets, only 4x4 icon. I like 5 x 5. With all my previous Moto smartphones I rooted but stayed stock. I flashed a few roms but always returned to stock. I always just installed ADWLauncher. Although on the RAZR MAXX I am completely stock. I have unrooted(due to an invitation to test something....that is all I can say lol) Hopefully the rumors about ICS tomorrow is true.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Honestly, Vanilla Android is ugly, IMO.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk