Jelly Bean Update for RAZR Takes Away MotoBlur In Favor Of A More Vanilla Android Exp

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
3109779a264071096e21c4d03301c93e.png

Motorola appears to be headed in the right direction. Earlier today we announced that Verizon has begun to rollout the soak test for Android 4.1.2 to the Motorola Droid Razr and Razr Maxx! Some users have installed it manually and have reported that Blur has been pretty much totally removed in favor of a more Vanilla Stock Android experience. This is good news! Some of you are fond of your OEM skins, but most folks would prefer an unadulterated clean Vanilla experience. Motorola has fully merged with Google and we were expecting that eventually stock Android would come to Moto devices.

With this update you get a new UI, Google Now, and some stock apps like the camera app, keyboard, gallery and more. The update also removes much of the blur including social location, MOTOACTV, MOTOPRINT, Verizon Video On Demand, My MOTOCAST, My Gallery, My Music, and more! Also included are fixes for 3g/4g issues, google maps, audio settings, and contacts. This definitely makes for a much cleaner device in my opinion.

While it is great to see Motorola move away from Blur I wouldn't expect any other OEMs to ditch their beloved skins.

Via Rootzwiki

U
pdate: Mattlgroff has reported that there are some Blur elements still present. Apparently Motocast, MotoLockscreen, and a few other Blur things are still present. We still won't be getting the complete Google experience from their new OEM just yet after all.

Last edited:

eagle923

Reaction score
I like it! I couldn't stand their My Gallery and junk.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That said, I think I've just been sold on the RAZR.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Droid Forums