ICS Imminent?

ricks

Reaction score
I take offense to that...kind of, since I'm just a vendor FOR Verizon lol

I love going to Verizon stores and teach them all the thing about these phones I learn from this forum. There is no better place to learn about phones.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I had a Verizon store manager tell me (in late February) "ICS will be OTA downloaded March 12th" no blink, no doubt.
Last week the Asst. Manager said "ICS is being downloaded as we speak"
Nuff said.

Both good guys, both help me a lot - No complaints. There are lots of people that do not like to say "I do not know" especially when they are "expected" to know fairly or not by their customers.
Unfortunate but true.

As far as the OS updates go Verizon reps are clueless. They are on the bottom of the corporate food chain. I have had conversations with many helpful reps but those of us in the tech/forum networks always know more about the phones and OS updates than any VZW rep.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
As far as the OS updates go Verizon reps are clueless. They are on the bottom of the corporate food chain. I have had conversations with many helpful reps but those of us in the tech/forum networks always know more about the phones and OS updates than any VZW rep.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I will say this, when I want answers I do not go to the store - I come here. I go to the store if I need something "in a box" asap.
Where did my OtterBox come from? Amazon. Didn't need it asap and even if I did - store doesn't stock Commuters and as a matter of fact a store emploee told me they weren't made for the Maxx.
I said, "Thank you" and went out in the parking lot and ordered it (on my phone) for $24 no tax/free shipping.
I try and support brick and mortar retailers BUT they make it difficult much of the time.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
ricks said:
I have never met or spoke to an Intelligent Verizon employee. :blink:

Except for jackiescivic!

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
It's hard being Green, I own a business that represents many National Companies. Many times the first I hear of something is from a client OR a TV commercial.
Is that right or fair? No. Nevertheless it is true and it has been that way for many years.
Major companies are focused like a laser on one thing - profit. If making the front line employee look like an idiot rather than compromise the release schedule - so be it.
I hesitate to say one gets used to it but, ya' get used to it.