ICS Imminent?

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
I took a nap and noticed I had 21 app updates. I noticed they were all Google, Motorola and Verizon apps.

I took a look at all the What's New and they were all adding ICS support and/or additional ICS functionality.

Perhaps not ICS itself but maybe some testing will be going on soon?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
How long was that nap? Can you tell me what year you think it is? :biggrin:

Those updates were pushed out a couple weeks ago, and people had the same train of thought about ICS coming "soon". Breath still held, getting purple.

OP
zomnomnombie

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
Oh I didn't realize they were old updates. Guess my phone didn't get the push til just now.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
It's all relative. If by imminent you mean sometime in the next 6-12 months, then yes I believe it is imminent. I don't get too worked up over rumors. It'll be here when it's here. My phone is awesome just the way it is.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
What's odd is that practically the entire last month I had updates pushed to me nearly every other day.... as of late, absolutely no updates from the play store.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!

jeff70

Reaction score
only update today I got was one for Google maps

once word leaks out that the ICS soak test has begun then you can consider the ICS OTA imminent

if no showstopper bugs are found and Verizon has had enough time to cram in all their bloatware into the OTA hopefully we will get ICS before the end of June

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Ok, Don't laugh. I was at the Verizon store yesterday and the one "In the know" staffer said ICS was downloading as we speak.

I said, no laughing.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Ok, Don't laugh. I was at the Verizon store yesterday and the one "In the know" staffer said ICS was downloading as we speak.

I said, no laughing.

Sorry. I just blew my eyeballs out of my head trying not to laugh.

Caesars

Reaction score
Mine made it half way, but I realized it was a hot fudge Sunday and stopped the dload ;-)

rdgxray

Reaction score
We have 2 RAZRs and they both had something like 32 updates from the market yesterday ...we got them last week though (the phones) new razr max and old razr was factory reset for my son...I check for updates everyday though...weird all of them would come all at once

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Mine made it half way, but I realized it was a hot fudge Sunday and stopped the dload ;-)

Ya think that's bad!! I got a download and got shot all the way back to froyo!!!!! :eek:

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Man I had to SBF my wife's Droid Pro back to Froyo to get off the old leaked GB to get on the official one. Sweet Virginia that was ugly and plain, we have come a long way and are only going to get better.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
only update today I got was one for Google maps

once word leaks out that the ICS soak test has begun then you can consider the ICS OTA imminent

if no showstopper bugs are found and Verizon has had enough time to cram in all their bloatware into the OTA hopefully we will get ICS before the end of June

I got that update too, and it looks as though it just changed the icon for Places