ICS Imminent?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Man I had to SBF my wife's Droid Pro back to Froyo to get off the old leaked GB to get on the official one. Sweet Virginia that was ugly and plain, we have come a long way and are only going to get better.

I agree with that one!!"

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Kuma_2113

Reaction score
ICS is coming to Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX this month. ICS has been soak tested before, but no one said anything about it due to the fact some Motorola phones will not receive ICS at all. The updates for Google, Verizon, and Motorola apps are to get them ready for ICS. There are videos on what ICS will look like on RAZR and RAZR MAXX. This all has been conformed and a guy who works a Verizon whom I trust dearly told me all this when i was at Verizon switching my broke RAZR for a RAZR MAXX.

wsmitty

Reaction score
updates keep coming

I check for updates at least a couple times a week, if not more. For the last few days, I have been getting quite a few updates. My Verizon, AroundMe, Places, Facebook, GoKeyboard and more....

Keep ur fingers crossed.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
"My Verizon" and motoactv were both updated to newer versions last night.

David

Neither of which had anything to do with ICS.

Calm down people. Just because you're getting updates doesn't mean ICS is imminent. Motorola updated almost all of their apps to support ICS back in April, and ICS still hasn't arrived. It will come when it comes.

Jmoore1701

Reaction score
"How long was that nap? ...Can you tell me what year you think it is?'

That. was. hilarious!!

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
A suggestion for those dying of lack of Ice Cream. Download something like GoLauncherEX (great fun) then if you need it for Max stimulation add ICS for $0.99 and you will have enough to keep you busy right through launch.

jeff70

Reaction score
ICS is coming to Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX this month. ICS has been soak tested before, but no one said anything about it due to the fact some Motorola phones will not receive ICS at all. The updates for Google, Verizon, and Motorola apps are to get them ready for ICS. There are videos on what ICS will look like on RAZR and RAZR MAXX. This all has been conformed and a guy who works a Verizon whom I trust dearly told me all this when i was at Verizon switching my broke RAZR for a RAZR MAXX.

I have seen many of these trusted Verizon employees be wrong in the past so the only dates you can count on imho is Motorola's time frame for ICS release:

Motorola Android Software Upgrade News

Q2 2012 (April, May, June) so by the end of June for the ICS OTA is the only "official" info on a release date that we have as of the time I write this post

Kuma_2113

Reaction score
bsweetness said:
Neither of which had anything to do with ICS.

Calm down people. Just because you're getting updates doesn't mean ICS is imminent. Motorola updated almost all of their apps to support ICS back in April, and ICS still hasn't arrived. It will come when it comes.

It comes this month in June. It was in an article I read a week or two ago and I saw the videos for ICS on a RAZR and MAXX that shows off some of the new features. And the XOOM is getting updated to ICS this week. The official update for the XOOM is up on Verizon. Motorola's chart that shows what get ICS has a few phones for this month and next month. If i find the videos again I'll post a link to it.

Kuma_2113

Reaction score
jeff70 said:
I have seen many of these trusted Verizon employees be wrong in the past so the only dates you can count on imho is Motorola's time frame for ICS release:

Motorola Android Software Upgrade News

Q2 2012 (April, May, June) so by the end of June for the ICS OTA is the only "official" info on a release date that we have as of the time I write this post

I trust the guy all the way. He did help me out alot in the past few years I've had Android phones and he has told me dates of when phones will be out. Not all people at Verizon are bad, some are bad ass and know what they are talking about.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
It comes this month in June. It was in an article I read a week or two ago and I saw the videos for ICS on a RAZR and MAXX that shows off some of the new features. And the XOOM is getting updated to ICS this week. The official update for the XOOM is up on Verizon. Motorola's chart that shows what get ICS has a few phones for this month and next month. If i find the videos again I'll post a link to it.

The only valid reason we have to believe that it is coming before the end of June is because Motorola said it would be released in Q2. Q2 ends with the last day of June. At this point, anything beyond that is 100% rumor and speculation, and even that can change. I've seen the tutorial videos you're referring to. They've been posted throughout the forum several times. And actually, some of those tutorial videos first surface back in April, so again, basing anything off those is speculation as well.

We know the update is coming. The leaks, the app updates, and the tutorial videos all point to the fact that Motorola has been getting their ducks in a row for the release. But, as is evidenced by the fact that most of that started back in April, those things aren't an indicator of when the update will actually be released. The only real indicator we have is Motorola's release chart that says Q2. The next real indicator will be a soak test.

Kuma_2113

Reaction score
bsweetness said:
The only valid reason we have to believe that it is coming before the end of June is because Motorola said it would be released in Q2. Q2 ends with the last day of June. At this point, anything beyond that is 100% rumor and speculation, and even that can change. I've seen the tutorial videos you're referring to. They've been posted throughout the forum several times. And actually, some of those tutorial videos first surface back in April, so again, basing anything off those is speculation as well.

We know the update is coming. The leaks, the app updates, and the tutorial videos all point to the fact that Motorola has been getting their ducks in a row for the release. But, as is evidenced by the fact that most of that started back in April, those things aren't an indicator of when the update will actually be released. The only real indicator we have is Motorola's release chart that says Q2. The next real indicator will be a soak test.

Its been done. I know this site says I'm a noob but I've had an account before and forgot my info. :(
You can believe me or not but the update will come this month. Motorola has been keeping some of there test secret so they don't possibly get sued by Apple.
The videos have been there but they are the actual features. A few more things will be added.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its been done. I know this site says I'm a noob but I've had an account before and forgot my info. :(
You can believe me or not but the update will come this month. Motorola has been keeping some of there test secret so they don't possibly get sued by Apple.
The videos have been there but they are the actual features. A few more things will be added.

OK....Let me just add...If or in the event the soak started, trust me when i say this...And not that I care really, but these forums can sniff out a firmware update, leak and OTA soaks like a frickin ninja..lol for lack of better term, and its to my best interest to not even get excited or bother reading until I see, soak officially started..then I will start reading. But I'm happy where I am..I'm sure ill check it out but honestly All I want from ics is the better use of cores ..if any

Simply Amazing ...
Essentially Stunning,
Motorola Droid Razr---->Minimum<-----:)
Tapped via Red Xparent Pro>:-!

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL

Then I'm sure you can certainly understand the skepticism that most people are likely to have. Every week there's a new poster who claims to have new, concrete, irrefutable information from a Verizon employee about something, and 99 out of 100 times that information is incorrect.

Pretty much everyone here is expecting ICS to come this month based off Motorola's chart showing a Q2 release. Until something else official comes along to further confirm or to contradict that, everything else is pure speculation.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I had a Verizon store manager tell me (in late February) "ICS will be OTA downloaded March 12th" no blink, no doubt.
Last week the Asst. Manager said "ICS is being downloaded as we speak"
Nuff said.

Both good guys, both help me a lot - No complaints. There are lots of people that do not like to say "I do not know" especially when they are "expected" to know fairly or not by their customers.
Unfortunate but true.