ICS Help

staceybassoon

Reaction score
Hey all.

I do not have a rooted phone or anything.

Last week my phone spent a few days going through the downloads to "get my phone ready for ICS." Then it appeared to actually install it. Except when I go into on settings, the software running still says Android 2.3.4 or whatever that is... The status check for updated software says that it had successfully downloaded ICS and I can enjoy the new features on my phone. How do I fix it? It's confused!

I don't really wish to do a factory reset or lose anything from my phone... Been there done that when my DINC wouldn't turn on anymore...

Thanks!

acejavelin

Reaction score
Someone noted that your battery must be over 80% or the second part of the update will not start, not sure if that is the issue here or not.

Also, try pulling the battery well the phone is turned on and then power it back up.

If that doesn't work, factory default the device... sounds bad but you should do it anyway when you make that big of a change to the operating system. Factory Default, update to new ICS, then factory default again, then so through the setup and set everything back up.

OP
staceybassoon

staceybassoon

Reaction score
Somehow I had a feeling that the dreaded factory reset was coming... \

acejavelin

Reaction score
Dreaded, maybe... but it is a good idea even if you weren't having problems whenever there is a major OS change, and GB or ICS is a HUGE change.

Just use something like MyBackup and make sure everything is on the external SD card and you should be good to go, just backup everything, and restore everything but apps/user data (so you can safely restore contacts, SMS messages, emails, ect.) then manually reinstall the apps... not fun but you will be so much better off in the long run.

Taco

Reaction score
This will sound odd, but it has worked for me for every update I've had with this phone so give it a try.

Go into software updates and check for new. If it turns up with nothing back out and check the status. Let it sit there for 5-10 minutes. Eventually it will prompt you to install the update again and you should he good. After its done you should be able to pull the full ics update.

Sent From A Taco Bell Drive-Thru.