Did I actually upgrade to ICS?

Discussion in 'HTC Rezound' started by BuccoDroid, Aug 16, 2012.

1. BuccoDroid

BuccoDroid Member

I updated to ICS yesterday afternoon, or at least I thought I did. What makes me think things did not go too well is when I go into Settings > About Phone > Software Information. I find the following: Android Version 2.3.4 and Sense Version 3.5

I also went into Settings > Software Update > Status and saw this: Name: Rezound 3.14.065.12 71ORD then Status: Update Successful.

I don't really see any changes or loss of performance since I did the upgrade and based on what others have stated in other threads I should have something even very small go wrong with the upgrade.

Did try to see if I could get rid of some of the Verizon bloatware and that could not be done.
  2. HowardZ

HowardZ New Member

try
    power off the phone.
    remove battery
    reinstall battery
    boot up the phone
  3. BuccoDroid

BuccoDroid Member

Thanks for the reply. Did that and it did not change a thing. I even unchecked fast boot before I did the battery pull and restart.
  4. HowardZ

HowardZ New Member

I suggest downloading the latest ruu zip file from Android Police and install it.

Be forewarned, it will wipe the nonremovable sd, and go back to factory settings. You will need to reinstall all your apps.
  5. acejavelin

acejavelin Member

What HowardZ said will work, but be patient... some people have gotten the original "prep" update successfully installed and then waited as much as 3 days for the full update to come across (although most people get it within minutes or hours). If you don't get it by Saturday afternoon, I would consider the RUU route.
  6. BuccoDroid

BuccoDroid Member

Thanks all. I guess I have to wait for a few days before it shows up properly.

Also just noticed that the battery is draining much, much faster than it did before I went with this update. So that could be a sign that the update actually worked.

Any idea that if I do a factory reset whether it will take care of the battery drain?
  7. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Check your status again using the method you posted , keep the phone there and awake for 2 minutes, tap back arrow, then tap check for new. It should ask to install .
    Some, including me, would get the download but it never tried to install or ask to be installed.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post
  8. BuccoDroid

BuccoDroid Member

Problem solved folks. Thanks to each of you for your replies. What I did was give VZW tech support a call and got a nice young fella who explained that I did not get the update installed. I did get it downloaded I guess but not installed. My battery was not charged enough he said to allow it to upgrade. So into the wall socket when the phone charge cable and within a minute or so the upgrade began to install. Took close to 15 minutes but it is there and I will be playing with it for awhile.

Again, thanks to all you tried to help!