ICS and those capacitive buttons

zook_b

Reaction score
So when the Droid RAZR, and I guess the Rezound, get ICS what happens to those capacitive buttons? Do they just not work anymore? Or will they come on along with the UI's on screen buttons? Or will the on screen buttons be absent on these phones?

What would you guys prefer and why?

Discuss! :icon_ banana:

tno

Reaction score
Android is a pretty adaptive OS, it utilizes software resources where hardware resources allow. So, there's nothing to worry about. Hard buttons will still work, and the soft buttons will be omitted.

DroidHoff

Reaction score
I agree with tno. Personally there will be no search button, at least that I've seen on ICS software, and I use that button 70% of the time on my phone to use voice commands. Now maybe ICS will have this incorporated elsewhere but personally I love not having to open any app and just tell the phone what I want it to do... i.e. Navigation, calling, and texting....

NoBloatware

Reaction score
I agree with tno. Personally there will be no search button, at least that I've seen on ICS software, and I use that button 70% of the time on my phone to use voice commands. Now maybe ICS will have this incorporated elsewhere but personally I love not having to open any app and just tell the phone what I want it to do... i.e. Navigation, calling, and texting....

I'm hoping that the virtual soft key buttons are configurable, like the home screen dock. I too use the search button a lot, usually holding it down to do a voice command.

lobo13

Reaction score
I don't really use the search button. But, I am pretty sure that you would be able to use both buttons in conjecture. As someone said earlier Android is very adaptable OS.

R

RETG

Per a google rep....
"ICS does have onscreen buttons but not always. If there's a device with hardware buttons the onscreen buttons won't be there, and the hardware buttons will act and function as you'd expect them to.... back and home will function as you'd expect, the search button will query the search bar (as you'd expect), and the menu button will query the menu overflow in the action bar."

Will Your Android Phone's Buttons Still Work With Ice Cream Sandwich?

lobo13

Reaction score
As above post states they will be used still. So, people judging Razer or Rezound or any other phone with buttons can just stop hating. They apparently will still be used with ICS.