ICS POLL .....to have soft buttons or not is the question????

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 4' started by tdpolo26, Feb 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aqworldthunder

aqworldthunder Darth Droid

Ratings:
    +3
    I had a apple laptop it broke D=

-AqworldThunder ;) ^…^ ¶.¶ *.* Thank me if i helped please!

2. iGrizz

iGrizz Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I don't know about all you but I have not had any lag with my soft keys. I love how I can change the color of them. Sure I somewhat miss the button set on my Thunderbolt but these soft keys are growing on me.

As for ICS on other phones they will not bring the soft keys to other phones. They are specifically designed for the Nexus, not ICS.

3. Htown315

Htown315 Member

Ratings:
    +10
    I brought up moto because this is a moto thread. That is your opinion and I as well as most people who actually own the device will disagree. It works perfectly, your analysis is just 100% wrong. There is no lag and there is never an instant where you need button that are not there. They act exactly the same as cap. buttons. This is purely referring to the tech itself as for phones with old school buttons it would be unneeded in ics I agree.

4. Bigfoot77

Bigfoot77 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I understand you mean the soft buttons don't immediately appear if there is lag, but hard buttons do not make you immune to OS lags, either. There have been plenty of times I have hit a button and had to wait for a response from the system. I do agree that it would be stupidly redundant to have duplicate navigation keys, and I doubt any stock versions would be that way.

5. Abs

Abs Member

Ratings:
    +0
    In my experiences with the nexus... the only part that I hate is the search for the menu dots game that you have to play whenever you open an app. I haven't ever noticed any lag with the soft buttons at all.. although I haven't done anything hardcore with the phone. I think that either devs should decide on a default place for the menu dots or google should stick them in with the softkeys. I would certainly prefer the latter

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

6. syndicate0017

syndicate0017 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +48
    This. Love the soft buttons

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

7. Htown315

Htown315 Member

Ratings:
    +10
    I agree. Luckily most roms have soft key customization built into settings and you can have up to five persistent buttons now. I just use 4 since I never use the search button.

8. JeffDenver

JeffDenver Member

Ratings:
    +4
    You mean there is CURRENTLY no lag.

Just because current apps do not lag the processor yet does not mean future apps wont. As with all hardware, the Nexus will slowly become obsolete and lag will creep in as a result. We've seen this with every phone released so far. By tying the Nav buttons into the UI you are placing the UI's limitations on them. I am not comfortable with that.

This is not an issue unique to Moto phones either way. So the fact that this is in the Moto forum is incidental. It really has nothing to do with Moto specifically.

9. Htown315

Htown315 Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Really? Predicting the future? I'm pretty sure the nexus is as future proof as you can get in android atm. My D2 still does everything I need it to so I'm sure any current dual core phone will last its two year contract.

10. JeffDenver

JeffDenver Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Yes. Yes I am.

You were correct to use the qualifier "as you can get" in that sentence.

11. Htown315

Htown315 Member

Ratings:
    +10

The earth is round.

12. Dejuanxg

Dejuanxg Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Im sorry i can't see a valid point about the software buttons lagging that's really stupid because the same thing would happen if a phone with the soft touch button of hard buttons were to lag the buttons presses would also lag. I like the software buttons because they can be changed as needed by the os and are not limited by hardware.the amount of pixels they use could also be changed to have more screen. sooooo now i ask would you rather have buttons that will always be the same or ones that can change with your needs?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

capacitive vs soft key

softkeys vs capacitive buttons