ICS. 217 leak odd finds in relation to the OTA update.

GuitarSkater

Reaction score
I have heard many things that contrast differences between the. 217 leak and Verizon's OTA ICS. The one that sticks out to me the most is the screenshot function, holding power and volume down.. it doesn't work for me using the .217 leak. Another big thing is the battery life, some say the OTA has a poor battery life, with the leak it is far better than GB. And other various differences..

What's the community's take on this? Surely I'm not the only one seeing this trend

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
the ICS .217 leak and the .217 official OTA contain the exact SAME code, otherwise the build numbers would differ. .217 is .217, plain and simple.

silver6054

Reaction score
I have heard many things that contrast differences between the. 217 leak and Verizon's OTA ICS. The one that sticks out to me the most is the screenshot function, holding power and volume down.. it doesn't work for me using the .217 leak. Another big thing is the battery life, some say the OTA has a poor battery life, with the leak it is far better than GB. And other various differences..

What's the community's take on this? Surely I'm not the only one seeing this trend

Re screenshot, on the OTA, you need to hold the buttons down longer than you might expect. Try that.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
.217 is a build number by Motorola. Their system, when compiling a ROM, increases this number each time it runs a compile. If they change a line of code and have to run a compile, the number increases.

.217 OTA is the same file, from the same builders as the .217 "leak". Someone (using cheesecake.apk) found the .217 build before Verizon had signed off on approving it, on Motorola's QA servers. Motorola...once Verizon approved .217, moved it to their OTA servers which push it out to users.

Same file, same code, same everything. Installs the same way as well (from /cache by reboot) or manually from recovery if on external sdcard.

slikno420

Reaction score

Screenshot takes about 1.5 to 2 seconds of holding the buttons to take.

As for battery life. I never used the leak so I cant comment on that aspect, but with the fastboot files I noticed a massive increase in life between that and gb. i went from 5 am to 1030 pm with only losing about 30% using it moderatly. On GB with that use I would have lost about 95%.