1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

{Q}OTA vs. Leak

Discussion in 'Droid 2 Roms' started by xm0067, Sep 4, 2011.

1. xm0067

xm0067 New Member

What is the difference between the OTA Gb Kernel and the leaked one? Anything significant? Can i flash the current leak based ROM's over it?
  2. combatmedic870

combatmedic870 Well-Known Member

Well for me the ota updated my base band from 10p to 13p. So thats always a good thing to have your radios completely updated. Other then that, maybe some minor bug issues have been ironed out and thats all. The one click rooter works like a charm for the ota...nice and easy. :icon_ peace:
  3. HavoC

HavoC New Member

dont flash the current OTA Kernel based roms over the leaked kernel, i tried the same thing, and ended up with boot loops shortly after lol. I may have just been unlucky, maybe someone else has flashed new roms over the leaked kernel without an issue, but from my experience id say dont try it.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
  4. go.nocturn

go.nocturn New Member

Kernels are slightly different..
    Had a hard time installing governors via DROID overclock