"Ice Cream" launching Mid-2011

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
that doesn't mean that the 5th Gen iPhone's VZW is getting will have Ice Cream OS right? they'll still obviously run whatever apple firmware version is going at the time like normal? is there any possibility to ever get an iphone to run some sort of android software? just curious.

[video=youtube;ivFXT7d6BAs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivFXT7d6BAs[/video]

BigMace23

Reaction score
so what do you think the next version (J) will be called

im going for jelly bean

I was thinking the same thing. It could be my favorite release!

If they could pull it off with all of the copyrights and everything and make a deal... I think jello would be an awesome name for the j version

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Why is it that everytime I post NEWS some admin or moderator posts the same thing...I had already posted info on the next OS Codename aka ice cream

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
that doesn't mean that the 5th Gen iPhone's VZW is getting will have Ice Cream OS right? they'll still obviously run whatever apple firmware version is going at the time like normal? is there any possibility to ever get an iphone to run some sort of android software? just curious.

I had my wife's iPHone 3G running iOS 3.1 and Android 1.6 no more than a year ago. It was terribly slow and buggy, but it was on there. I haven't really kept up where it is these days, but frankly, its not worth it. The hardware just isn't optimized for Android OS.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

Darksthour

Reaction score
Is it just me or is Google popping out updates incredibly fast? It seems like yesterday Froyo popped out of the Google womb and were already discussing gingerbread, honeycomb, Ice cream and J-whatever. I still have the droid 1 running Froyo over clocked perfectly (although wishing for a ****-ton of more memory) and its still a top of the line phone in my mind. Also as a side note I don't think any apple device will ever be able to run android without a hacker to come up with something buggy as hell. Apple in my mind would not want anything but OS.whatever running on their device(s) (closed source fail).

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Front facing camera not for video calling but for other apps - some games, perhaps something to watch you speak words for better accuracy.