Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
ice-cream-sandwich.jpg
ics3-20110928-1317245983.jpg

It’s not quite finding an iPhone in a bar, but when one smartphone shopper purchased a Nexus S on eBay Ice ream Sandwich was the last thing he expected to find. That’s exactly what happened, though. Rather than the expected Gingerbread installation, the new version of Android was installed in all its glory, featuring build number IRK48 and kernel 3.0.1. The user quickly put together a two minute video preview and shipped it off to Engadget, where it has been posted for all to view. For the video, please visit the source.

SOURCE: Ice Cream Sandwich gets a two-minute tour, courtesy of a lucky eBay shopper (video) -- Engadget

Reaction score
Two reasons why this is such an obvious fake. In the two minute video, the guy never goes into the about phone to show the system version. However, he supposedly took screen shots. How easy is that to fake?

Second, and biggest give away....Every Android version in the about phone section is identified by the number. For Example...2.2.1 or 2.3.4 etc. ....so why on earth would they all of a sudden change to putting the actual nickname they give it? The answer....they would not. If that was real, the android version would have had the number and not the words"ice cream sandwich".

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
If it is a fake they did a real good job, especially on the homescreen menu and add widget screens...

...my guess is - it would have been released as a ROM before it posed as a fake for the world to see :happy:

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking fake. If not, hopefully there's more to ICS than this...

Edit:
From Engadget

Update: Our anonymous tipster has confirmed to us that shortly after we posted this video, his Nexus S was remotely locked and wiped. You can follow the entire saga over at this XDA Developers thread.

Damn, that XDA thread was ridiculous. It blew up so fast! Unfortunate :(

squeak

Reaction score
If it's fake I would be interested in having that rom on my nook, someone put alot of work into making that look pretty. If its not fake I am that much more excited to get the next Nexus phone. However the thing I'm looking foreward to most about ICS is the browser, i wish he had shown that, but it didn't even see it on the Multitasking list.

gmorgan056

Reaction score
There was actually a launcher in the market that I downloaded a few weeks ago that looked just like this. I uninstalled it though bc it kept crashing. But when I search for it now, it's no longer there. Seems odd that it disappeared.

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
I actually hope that it's fake... I hope and don't think google would make this much hype about that. It really doesn't look all that impressive. Looks like a nice rom/theme though! =P I wouldn't mind running it! dancedroid

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think everyone is building up ICS to be a big disappointment. What do you expect with this release? ICS is not going to revolutionize Android, it's just the next step, hopefully in the right direction. Most of the complaints are directed at the way it looks, when what you should be focusing on is what's under the hood, which is where most of the improvements are going to be. Hardware acceleration and a better/smoother UI is what you should expect.

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I actually hope that it's fake... I hope and don't think google would make this much hype about that. It really doesn't look all that impressive. Looks like a nice rom/theme though! =P I wouldn't mind running it! dancedroid

Google hypes up every version of their next OS, not just this one. And there is a very long thread going on at XDA of how the guy that posted the video got his phone remotely wiped by Google. So I'm thinking its legit.

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

ConqSoft

Reaction score
Google hypes up every version of their next OS, not just this one. And there is a very long thread going on at XDA of how the guy that posted the video got his phone remotely wiped by Google. So I'm thinking its legit.

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

I'm thinking he made that up so that he didn't get pushed for more details, files, etc from the phone. ;)