I was really trying not to be a flash whore but...

GoBears

Reaction score
I just couldn't take it anymore lol. Flashing Revolution right now. Actually rom is flashed now restoring apps with RomToolboxPro. Here we go with flashing a rom every other day. It's just so addicting haha!

Caligula2008

Reaction score
Let us know how you like it I'm trying to enjoy stock for a little while longer.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Maybe we can start a support group and hand out wooden nickles to those who haven't flashed in a while?! :p

rod

Reaction score
i know the feeling. i lasted from launch day until two nights ago, when i waited for my wife to leave. as soon as the brake lights hit the corner, i headed to the computer to root and flash bb. im so weak...

lazarus2297

Reaction score
I fall into this category I was stock for like 3 days then I went with revolution..I tried a couple of the 4.0.3 roms but I have my phone set up the way I like it with revolution so I just restored my nandroid and I will *try* to stick with this one for now

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
GoBears

GoBears

Reaction score
So far I'm digging Revolution a lot. Nice and snappy. Battery seems great too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

shanimal92

Reaction score
Haha, i have been addicted to Zygot3 roms. i started with 1.3... hes on 1.8, LOL

OP
GoBears

GoBears

Reaction score
Haha, i have been addicted to Zygot3 roms. i started with 1.3... hes on 1.8, LOL

Yeah that Dev is an animal! He was pumping out the roms for the bionic faster than I could flash them lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

shanimal92

Reaction score
yea. literally, i came home and saw 1.5 was up. ten minuites after i got everything working, i saw 1.6 and the "speed..stupid amounts of it" under the chnagelog and i just couldnt pass THAT up.

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
I'm hoping to wait until the first update is pushed to our phones, see how that works, and THEN root and flash roms. So far I've been doing well and not really getting that "itch" to start flashing roms, but everytime I see a thread about a new ROM for the Nexus, I twitch a little bit :p

wil318466

Reaction score
Why wait? When has any Verizon update ever come close to making your phone better than the latest ROM? That is especially true for this phone, which has ridiculous dev support. Theory is literally putting out 2 updates a day. Verizon doesn't put 2 updates out in a year.

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Well I thought that the updates for this specific phone came straight from google? Wasn't that one of the big pros for this phone because it was a google flagship phone? I figured if that's the case, the updates to this phone will be much more often than waiting 3 months for Verizon to send out the updates. Yeah I know that roms update phones much much more often...

But that being said, I'm mainly just trying to enjoy stock for a while longer because I know once I root and flash, it'll be a never ending cycle. I'm enjoying stock the way it is now and I'd rather not have to do backups every other day for the time being and just enjoy the phone as is.

wil318466

Reaction score
Well I thought that the updates for this specific phone came straight from google? Wasn't that one of the big pros for this phone because it was a google flagship phone? I figured if that's the case, the updates to this phone will be much more often than waiting 3 months for Verizon to send out the updates. Yeah I know that roms update phones much much more often...

But that being said, I'm mainly just trying to enjoy stock for a while longer because I know once I root and flash, it'll be a never ending cycle. I'm enjoying stock the way it is now and I'd rather not have to do backups every other day for the time being and just enjoy the phone as is.

Stock, compared to ROMs aren't even in the same ballpark.

Just think of ROMs as an enhanced stock - which it is. They are faster and have more features, and you still have everything that stock offers. It's not like ROMs get rid of the things you like in ICS, it's all in there. Like ragu.