Aokp

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy Nexus' started by SwagTech, May 22, 2012.

1. SwagTech

SwagTech Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My phone all of a sudden reboots now.. I have been on this Rom for a while with no problems. It doesn't do it a lot maybe once every couple of days.. I have tried flashing new roms but i always restore back to this. Could this cause problems?

2. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,638
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    Mine has rebooted a couple of times, most recently today. Happens with the phone sometimes. Even happened to me when it was stock. Smartphones freeze up from time to time and that goes for any OS and a restart fixes it. AOKP has been much more stable than the stock ROM has ever been for me, and also another previous ROM that I ran.

3. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol Senior Member

Ratings:
    +23
    Are you modifying kernel settings (overclock, undervolt, change of governor...etc)? While on that topic, have you flashed a different kernel?

Are you running a custom theme? I have seen themes have issues, which could lead to some undesired behavior.

I am just wildly guessing here, as without more information (a log for example) it would be tough to know for sure what the cause of the problem is.

4. SwagTech

SwagTech Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I flashed the Franco kernel, I play around with the settings but never the voltage. Usually im overclocked. Sorry i didn't provide more information.

5. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,638
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    I'm running franco's kernel milestone3, it restarted itself twice since then, the most recent his morning while I was trying to multitask with Google (or Play) Music running in the background. I set the default voltages at bootup.

6. HikenGruven

HikenGruven Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had AOKP for about a week, but changed. I never had the freezing/rebooting problem though. My issue was Gmail syncing.

7. GoBears

GoBears Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Some kernels just act funky with some phones. My phone loves Imo's kernel. It never ever reboots and the battery is pretty good. On Francos it had occasional reboots and about 45 mins less of screen on time. Try some different rom/kernel combos until you find your optimal setup. Btw my phone also behaves much better on Liquid so that's the combo I run with zero issues and pretty decent battery life. Good luck and peace out.

Search tags for this page
aokp

aokp freezing