I want a TB but...

OP
S

saber5

Reaction score
I made the decision that like all things mechanical there could and would be issues. I've learned to live with the occasion reboot on my dvr, internet server outages, etc etc even my old flip had issues. I'm sure things will get better the more the techs tweek it. In the beginning of this post I was afraid that getting a TB would be a bad decision and that it would turn out to be a big green Android monster....now its my new friend

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
The TB is too buggy. The reboot issue is not fromt he last update, it is a flaw in the OS itself and plagues most Android phones, not just the TB.

Also, unless you want to disable 4G, don't expect your battery to last till lunch time without jumping through hoops and disabling everything.

The phone wasn't ready for prime time and still isn't what I would consider a finished product. It's beta at best.
If 50% of the people aren't having the problem it's either (a) you have a hardware issue, (b) you insist on keeping your other apps in the phone and don't want to troubleshoot and one of those can be the problem, (c) You don't want to do the dreaded factory reset to really see if it's the phone or just one badly written critical byte.

I have my own beefs - like VZW laying a major egg telling the tale of extensive testing, etc. for us to find out that there is no internal memory that is truly user accessible (not 8GB) and that the battery will not last a full day with 4G (only the extended battery or some other higher capacity battery is the cure.) But other than that and the annoyances (2 color LED, stupid placement of the micro usb, no video recording on internal memory) the phone works darn well and very speedy indeed. The reboot issue? Haven't had it happen except on occasion. I have other problems that crop up and I know I have to find out why (e.g. getting sudden major power drain and can't figure out why... defective phone? I think not.)

No, it is an OS issue, clearly.

This problem has existed on several difference phones, rinning different versions of the OS, running different apps, some with ROM's, some without, some rooted and hacked, some bone stock, some overclocked, some not.

We look at it a lot and there was no rhyme or reason why so many phones with so many configurations, no pattern at all, other than that they were all running Android.

When you see so many configurations, and they have the exact same symptom, where the phone will just reboot itself even when it is sitting there with the screen off not in use, the only commonality is the OS itself.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I ran eclair, froyo, and gingerbread on my Droid and not one single time did it reboot while just idling. The few times it did I was able to attribute to overheating from overclocking the CPU because I was running navigation or something. I have had uptimes of 100+ hours on the old Droid.

sent from my bolt

VolDroid

Reaction score
My wife has had the old Droid (2 of them)and now the X....I've had the Droid and now the Thunderbolt and never had any random reboots till this phone. Luckily I only had 3 in the two weeks before I installed the MR2 leak and I haven't had a reboot since.