1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

HTC TB having problems with GB

Discussion in 'HTC ThunderBolt' started by ajk23az, Jul 24, 2011.

1. ajk23az

ajk23az New Member

Patience Stretched at HTC Thunderbolt Gingerbread: Update Delay: : Online Social Media

2. LocalFiveOh

LocalFiveOh New Member

I would rather them pull the update for now and get it right then screw up my phone again with another half-@$$ed update.

Sent from my DroidBolt using ThunderForums
  3. turdbogls

turdbogls New Member

agreed.

i find it really hard to believe that the developers on these forums can put out a pretty solid GB rom WITH Sense 3.0 (which HTC said could not be used on a single core phone) and HTC themselves cannot put out a worth "base" sense update. pretty sad IMO. HTC needs to DL bamf, strip out the extras, and put it out to the masses :)
  4. SithDroid2187

SithDroid2187 New Member

+1

It's time HTC asks the real programmers of the DEV community for assistance.
  5. pdroid

pdroid New Member

Or at least provide source or other material to help them out.
  6. polish23

polish23 New Member

^ +1 agreed

Sent from my bamf'd bolt!
  7. nonnasmyladie

nonnasmyladie New Member

Ya there is working gb.

HTC needs to hire xda to work for them

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums
  8. JRParsons

JRParsons Member

The private developers are awesome, but remember they do not have to deal with warranties. If there's a bug in the software, they can fix it or not. Their programs only go out to a small percentage of the Android population. If Htc releases something it has to be perfect or they get the s#%tstorm, they had after the mr1 release. Their updates go to all the thunderbolts sold. That being said, hurry the f#%&k up HTC.

Sent from my Illudium PU-36 Explosive Space Modulator
  9. Crazed_Z06

Crazed_Z06 New Member

Exactly. Everyone always says, "Oh the devs have it working great!"

Is that really the case? Whenever I check the notes on many ROMS, there's usually a huge list of "known issues". HTC/VZW cant just release an update that has a bunch of minor annoyances or little things that dont work here and there. People would be livid if a GB update came out tommorow where voicemail didnt work right.

Im pretty sure HTC has no problem getting GB to run on the TB. The challenge is getting it to run without a bunch of bugs or missing features.
  10. Ambushbug

Ambushbug New Member

I agree 100% and have said essentially the same thing many times. Don't get me wrong, I'm VERY appreciative of the devs working on custom ROMS and I'm glad they are out there as an option for us, but for the most part they are not up to standards where the average user would be satisfied. Verizon/HTC doesn't have the option to release updates daily or weekly to fix small bugs such as independent devs do. On the majority of devices GB has been officially released on it has brought a large amount of bugs, I just want Verizon/HTC to take their time and get as many of them worked out as possible before a release.