I want a TB but...

MrKleen

Reaction score
I never had any reboots.... on any radio. I wouldn't let the noisy few keep you from getting a phone you want.

Plus, if you don't like the phone you can always return it.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
I never had any reboots.... on any radio. I wouldn't let the noisy few keep you from getting a phone you want.

My wife has a couple of reboots a day on MR1. Annoying, but tolerable.

MrKleen

Reaction score
got new TB thursday. as they were getting ready to sync my contact list the update message popped up. i deferred till today at which time i deferred again when it came back up. anyway. im sure this is the bad one as the vzw tech told me to not accept it. took TB off charger this morn at 7:45 turned off moble till 1:eek:o then played surfed and learned ins/out for the better part of the next 4 hours as wife was getting treatment. turned off moble for ride home now its 9 pm and batt icon just turned orange 1/4 left....
i am impressed with this awsome phone...battery better than i expected. but i can already tell that deferring this update is going to get very tedious. i just keep settng an alarm so i dont forget and it does it automatically....so far no problems love the phone.

The update you are trying so desperately to avoid is the radio I always use when I am on a froyo rom, and I've never had a reboot. I also have two friends that I hooked up with this phone that are on that radio with no problems.

I wouldn't waste my time avoiding the update but it's up to you. But as mentioned you can always to with MR2 as it works well also.

If you hadn't come to this forum you wouldn't have read all the posts from the ones that have reboots. You even mentioned your battery life isn't as bad as you expected. By reading the boards people would think this phone will die in a few minutes... lol.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score

kent3230

Reaction score
I wasn't having any reboot issues but since the update I'm revolting daily. What's up with taht?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
S

saber5

Reaction score
TB has been great. today it wouldnt let me defer the update...soooo in it went. i think this is the one everyone was trying to aviod, im not sure. i am not to tech-savy. it said
1.13.605.7--1.12.605.6 club 341545 that was 5 hours ago...no problems yet is this the MR1 that you guys are referring to....

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
TB has been great. today it wouldnt let me defer the update...soooo in it went. i think this is the one everyone was trying to aviod, im not sure. i am not to tech-savy. it said
1.13.605.7--1.12.605.6 club 341545 that was 5 hours ago...no problems yet is this the MR1 that you guys are referring to....

Just flash the MR2 RUU if you're still unrooted.

MrKleen

Reaction score

You probably will find that you will have no problems. I think you have been worrying for nothing. Just enjoy your phone and don't worry about problems you don't have.

OP
S

saber5

Reaction score
I think you're right. Have been probably worrying about nothing. The phone is awesome should have went smartphone a couple of years ago. I'm sure I made the right choice for my first. Actually there are some things that have improved....gps is great now and signal 3g full bars.....no reboot. love the forum and the knowledge here...

Element Box

Reaction score
I'm glad you like it. I had reboot issues and terrible battery life problems to the point where the phone was practically unusable. They swapped out my battery for the extended one for free to see if that helped. No super heat issues, very limited reboots, but now when I charge it, it overhears to temps of 123 degrees F. It's getting ridiculous.

MrKleen

Reaction score
I'm glad you like it. I had reboot issues and terrible battery life problems to the point where the phone was practically unusable. They swapped out my battery for the extended one for free to see if that helped. No super heat issues, very limited reboots, but now when I charge it, it overhears to temps of 123 degrees F. It's getting ridiculous.

Do a factory data reset then your phone will be fine.

Element Box

Reaction score

Do a factory data reset then your phone will be fine.

I did a factory reset once cause it wasn't receiving txts at all. Last night it hit 114. I caught it before it actually told me it was overheating

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I considering purchasing a new htc thunderbolt this week. after doing some searches, im worried about the reboot problems some are having. my question is this; if i purchase a new phone, can i keep it from automatically loading the seemingly faulty ota update untill htc/verizon gets the issue fixed. thus hopefully keeping my phone from constantly rebooting, or could i have all the same issues that most others are having from a new unupdated device. this will be my first android phone and i will not be much of a power user. mostly text youtube, games.....no email stocks radio etc.. I like the htc sense ui not a big fan of moto….input please thanks

The TB is too buggy. The reboot issue is not fromt he last update, it is a flaw in the OS itself and plagues most Android phones, not just the TB.

Also, unless you want to disable 4G, don't expect your battery to last till lunch time without jumping through hoops and disabling everything.

The phone wasn't ready for prime time and still isn't what I would consider a finished product. It's beta at best.

slinky

Reaction score
The TB is too buggy. The reboot issue is not fromt he last update, it is a flaw in the OS itself and plagues most Android phones, not just the TB.

Also, unless you want to disable 4G, don't expect your battery to last till lunch time without jumping through hoops and disabling everything.

The phone wasn't ready for prime time and still isn't what I would consider a finished product. It's beta at best.
If 50% of the people aren't having the problem it's either (a) you have a hardware issue, (b) you insist on keeping your other apps in the phone and don't want to troubleshoot and one of those can be the problem, (c) You don't want to do the dreaded factory reset to really see if it's the phone or just one badly written critical byte.

I have my own beefs - like VZW laying a major egg telling the tale of extensive testing, etc. for us to find out that there is no internal memory that is truly user accessible (not 8GB) and that the battery will not last a full day with 4G (only the extended battery or some other higher capacity battery is the cure.) But other than that and the annoyances (2 color LED, stupid placement of the micro usb, no video recording on internal memory) the phone works darn well and very speedy indeed. The reboot issue? Haven't had it happen except on occasion. I have other problems that crop up and I know I have to find out why (e.g. getting sudden major power drain and can't figure out why... defective phone? I think not.)