I wanna come back..

lazarus2297

Reaction score
ok so the day the Thunderbolt launched i got b/c I really wanted 4G and couldn't resist getting something new although i really wanted the moto 4G phone i got the TB to hopefully insure my unlimited data stays unlimited... long story shortened.. My wife had an LG ally (piece of trash) and although she didn't care everytime I had to use that slow phone I thought about getting her something else.. So i found a pretty good deal on a Droid 2... it showed up today so I rooted it, installed the Gingerbread version, and installed Netflix... all i have to say is I really miss Motorola... Come on Moto get me a 4G phone!! please so I can get rid of this Thunderbolt!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
L

lazarus2297

Reaction score
What's so bad about your current setup?

I don't really like the thunderbolt and setting up and playing with the D2 I got for my wife makes me want a motorola phone even worse now... I had a OG, a D2 and a DX before the thunderbolt so i don't really wanna get one of those over again for myself and the DX2 although "new" wouldn't really give me that New phone feeling. I am just waiting, waiting... for the moto 4G phone

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
As I always say, it's not a Droid unless it says Motorola. ;)

jojoferari

Reaction score
I don't know about that... htc makes some pretty nice phones man. I will stick with my D2G until I can get something like the atrix (lap docking) for Verizon.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
12-14 hrs is not bad. Don't always beleive what you hear.

Very true.

If you were to just base your opinion about the Thunderbolt on what you read in Forums, you would think my God what a piece of garbage. And initially, that was my thinking too.

Practice what you preach.

I have said many times in this Forum that the vast majority of what you read about anything, be it an update, or a new phone is going to be negative. People love to complain, it's just the way it is.

You send two people out to a restaurant. If they enjoy it, they will tell 2 other people. If they don't like it they will tell 20 other people. Internet and Forums are no different, probably worst.

I still think that a real "Droid" has to be Motorola. It's' kind of like saying a Mustang can't be made by Chevy, would you believe it's a Mustang? Thunderbolt is an Android phone and that doesn't make it worst then a Droid, I just think the name should stay with the original brand. Unfortunately Verizon disagrees with me about this. So HTC can be labeled a Droid, or just an Android phone it doesn't matter. It's just how I think, that's all.

Last edited:

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
......I still think that a real "Droid" has to be Motorola. It's' kind of like saying a Mustang can't be made by Chevy, would you believe it's a Mustang? Thunderbolt is an Android phone and that doesn't make it worst then a Droid, I just think the name should stay with the original brand. Unfortunately Verizon disagrees with me about this. So HTC can be labeled a Droid, or just an Android phone it doesn't matter. It's just how I think, that's all.

When I think Droid I think Motorola but I'm not sure what Verizon is aiming for with that brand. I thought it was supposed to mean high-end but after the D2/2G & DroidPro I'm not so sure.

Khiraji

Reaction score

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Im not so sure the DROID branding was necessarily meant to only be intended for high end phones...look at the DROID eris for example. It was the second DROID released and I don't believe it was ever intended to be a high end device.