I tried to power cycle the phone, now it won't power on at all.

Reaction score
They will ship him a referb without a battery so if the battery is the problem it will do the same thing on the new phone.

OP
D

DJTURNz

Reaction score
Well my replacement arrived. But I couldn't get it activated. While the *228 call was going through, I kept hearing a beep. And the activation kept hanging up.

I finally got through to customer service and they got me to a technician. He told me how to bypass the activation and get into the phone to do a hard reset. It turns out, the assisted dialing was enabled and it kept "pushing" the 1 like every 5 seconds.

Then it worked. Then the tech called me 5 minutes later to make sure it worked. He then told me he'd take another call and then call me again to see if I was having any more issues.

So far, so good. I hate the fact that I have to set it all up again and figure out all the apps I used to use. I had some widgets that I don't recall what they were called. I also found that some of my apps are on the market, but when I try to install, it says denied because app was removed from the market.

Nyobie

Reaction score
Bummer when you have to start all over. I guess on the positive side of things, you might find other apps you wouldn't have otherwise! Hey, you might want to write down a list of the stuff you loaded in case this happens again. I think I might do the same.

srvctec

Reaction score
Bummer when you have to start all over. I guess on the positive side of things, you might find other apps you wouldn't have otherwise! Hey, you might want to write down a list of the stuff you loaded in case this happens again. I think I might do the same.

Or just download one of the many apps from the market that will list your apps for you so you don't have to write them down. I use one called App List. I also use a great app that backs up all the .apk files (apps) on your phone called OnTheFly Backup. Both of these are free.

Sent from my stock DROID X2