Auto Power Cycling

jedi

Reaction score
I've posted about this before here:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr/202891-unwanted-shutdown-factory-reset.html

I
n case others experience this I wanted to followup of where this is at.
Background:
- Bought razr in Nov. (call it Razr 1) No issues relating to auto rebooting, power cycling until Mid March
- Razr 1 then suddenly starts rebooting. I wasn't even using it at the time, just looked over and noticed it happening. It had @ 90% battery
- Had trouble getting it back to being usable, so had to do a hard factory reset. Things then were back to normal for a while
- Last week, it started power cycling on its own again and I could never get it back. Couldn't hard reset, factory reset, frozen screen. Dead as a door nail.
- Returned. Got new one (Razr 2). Installed my apps, etc. Then this one starts power cycling as well!
- Razr 1 auto power cycled 2x in 2 months. Razr 2 has done it @12 times in 3 days. So much for refurbs being as good as new.
- Did a factory reset on Razr2 thinking it was a 3rd party app causing this. Nope, same behavior with no 3rd party apps.

Called VZW tech support and they claim, finally mind you, it's a known issue to be fixed with ota 181. We'll see....
They offered me a new phone - Nexus, but i got them to exchange this for the Maxx since i always felt that whole release so soon after the Razr was a kick in the groin anyway.

So, we'll see. Moto is on the clock for me as far as I'm concerned. Not a happy moto, droid fan at this point. I like the phone, but at the end of the day the *bleepin* thing has to actually work. I would have gone with an iphone if they offered.

I was/am pretty shocked the exchanged phone I got was 10x worse and that I haven't been reading about this issue more on the forums, so hopefully others are having better luck.

Downloading ota 181 now....

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've posted about this before here:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr/202891-unwanted-shutdown-factory-reset.html

I
n case others experience this I wanted to followup of where this is at.
Background:
- Bought razr in Nov. (call it Razr 1) No issues relating to auto rebooting, power cycling until Mid March
- Razr 1 then suddenly starts rebooting. I wasn't even using it at the time, just looked over and noticed it happening. It had @ 90% battery
- Had trouble getting it back to being usable, so had to do a hard factory reset. Things then were back to normal for a while
- Last week, it started power cycling on its own again and I could never get it back. Couldn't hard reset, factory reset, frozen screen. Dead as a door nail.
- Returned. Got new one (Razr 2). Installed my apps, etc. Then this one starts power cycling as well!
- Razr 1 auto power cycled 2x in 2 months. Razr 2 has done it @12 times in 3 days. So much for refurbs being as good as new.
- Did a factory reset on Razr2 thinking it was a 3rd party app causing this. Nope, same behavior with no 3rd party apps.

Called VZW tech support and they claim, finally mind you, it's a known issue to be fixed with ota 181. We'll see....
They offered me a new phone - Nexus, but i got them to exchange this for the Maxx since i always felt that whole release so soon after the Razr was a kick in the groin anyway.

So, we'll see. Moto is on the clock for me as far as I'm concerned. Not a happy moto, droid fan at this point. I like the phone, but at the end of the day the *bleepin* thing has to actually work. I would have gone with an iphone if they offered.

I was/am pretty shocked the exchanged phone I got was 10x worse and that I haven't been reading about this issue more on the forums, so hopefully others are having better luck.

Downloading ota 181 now....

May the force of 181 be with you. :biggrin:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I have a no obligation question... Why are you calling it 181?

181 is the version of the Android operating system ROM. The full ROM version name is 6.12.181.XT912.Verizon.en.US.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2