I think it's bullsh&t that Android has no normal "close program" function

Status
Not open for further replies.

saobi

Reaction score
If i have a music player paused and go back to my home screen, you are telling me that Android will automatically close the music player and free up memory? Clearly that's not true: i've had my music player paused and came back to it after 5 days and it's still there, paused at the same place on the same music. You are telling me all of this time, this music player is not consuming battery????

Also even it DOES close it automatically, how does Android distinguish between me wanting to go back to the same song 10 hours later, or wanting it to close?

Same with browers. If i have 5 browser windows open, will it close those 5 automatically after a while? I've never seen it close by itself. I always had to close it manually, if I don't, you are telling it won't waste my battery?

Someone please give a clear explanations or just tell me this is a flaw in Android program/memory management. Be honest please.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If i have a music player paused and go back to my home screen, you are telling me that Android will automatically close the music player and free up memory? Clearly that's not true: i've had my music player paused and came back to it after 5 days and it's still there, paused at the same place on the same music. You are telling me all of this time, this music player is not consuming battery????

Also even it DOES close it automatically, how does Android distinguish between me wanting to go back to the same song 10 hours later, or wanting it to close?

Same with browers. If i have 5 browser windows open, will it close those 5 automatically after a while? I've never seen it close by itself. I always had to close it manually, if I don't, you are telling it won't waste my battery?

Someone please give a clear explanations or just tell me this is a flaw in Android program/memory management. Be honest please.

Sticky from the top of this forum:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-not-worry-about-apps-running-background.html

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I frequent a lot of motorcyle sites. These discussions remind me of folks who are absolutely certain that they can outthink ABS brakes.

OP
S

saobi

Reaction score
OK so explain the music and browser examples above.

tehpriest

Reaction score
Have you ever used MS Virtual PC or Sun Virtualbox? If not then just to explain. They can boot up a full copy of any OS and start to run lots of the programs as with any computer. But then you can close it down and it will save everything exactly as it was when you closed it in moments. Then in seconds weeks later can re-open everything again exactly as it was. Same principle.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
OK so explain the music and browser examples above.

Explain movies that I have watched and paused, only to reboot the phone and its still paused in the same spot.

Does that mean it was running in the background during the reboot only?

LOLs.

From this thread and your other on this first page, you are coming off as troll-ish.

If single-task OSes are more suited for you, the iPhone is >>>>>thataway.

SinCitySRT4

Reaction score
i dont understand the complaint. maybe some of us like to listen to our music every 10 hours and pick up right where we left off ;)

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Then there will be no safe haven for the OP.

:D

NoKz

Reaction score
TROLL-BANK-GR1.jpg

natty_lite

Reaction score
Technology can be very scary. Its why I don't allow anyone to take my picture (it steals your soul...)

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think the title for this thread is not in true DF fashion. This thread is :closed_2:

@ the OP please don't due that again,,,PM me if you need to

Status
Not open for further replies.