One Thing the iPhone Has Over All Android Phones...

Gritwater

Reaction score
yeah...this simply sounds like a personal preference thing... I'm a folders kinda user. I love drag and drop.

I have simply taken all individual songs and sort them alphabetically.

A---->
---Aerosmith
-------Dude looks like a lady
---Avenged7fold
-------Bat country
B.....

ect.

There are things I don't like about music folder player, but it works. No syncing, etc. Create my own playlists

zhorik

Reaction score
I personally do not care for iTunes. I actually did not think think anybody liked iTunes until now. I like the freedom of Android and I agree that their music player needs work. That is the reason I did not want a iPhone because you are "Tethered" to iTunes. ITunes is a little too bloated for me.

OP
N

npro1464

Reaction score
Another thing: My car's USB player can't read my Droid right. I don't think theres an app that I can dl to make it read my Droid better (is there?), I tried everything but it seems like it just doesn't want to read it.
What head unit? There are plenty that are very specific about how music should be organized or how folders are structured or how files are named. If you have one of those head units then you're stuck with its restrictions.

Maybe I'm being picky, but if I plug in my trusty iPod it does just fine in reading it.
Apples and oranges. Apple has done quite a bit of work to get head unit manufacturers to develop iPod interfaces. Android doesn't even have a standard dock connector.

I am using this JVC aftermarket unit: JVC Arsenal KD-A615 CD receiver at Crutchfield Signature

If you know what I could do to make it read my music better, I'd be glad to listen.

But anyway, I stand by my original statement. I'm glad to see other people here agree that the music player sucks. I'll check out some of the apps you guys mentioned, but (like I said) I shouldn't have to. I like to stay away from 3rd party apps for some things because they tend to give me problems (ie- doubleTwist).

The album-only thing is annoying, because I feel like it would have been so easy to have put the option "All" above the albums. It's just laziness. You may think less of me for not wanting to listen to the whole album, but when you only have 16 gbs to mess around with (I upgraded my sd card, used to be 8 gb!) you have to pick and choose some of your favorite songs.

I should write to Google about this. You guys mentioned that HTC puts a better music player on its phones? They have a syncing feature?

Detonation

Reaction score
The stock music app sucks. I'd recommend PowerAmp instead.

As for syncing, I use MediaMonkey, which works very similar to iTunes.

harrellj

Reaction score
One other option of a music player is something like Audiogalaxy. You run it on both the computer and phone and stream your music from anywhere, no syncing required.

atlrus

Reaction score
HTC has a decent player - artist, album, genre, playlist, songs. I tried Winamp but it was no better than the stock player at all, pretty much the same thing, looking a bit different (not much).

HTC also has sync software so you dont have to drag your songs, unless you want to. It works just as good as iTunes, minus being iTunes :)

The is a reason most prefer Sense over the rest.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

turdbogls

Reaction score
I cant believe people actually like iTunes....i guess if it is all you have used in the past 5 years, it may be seen as a benefit to apple. however, after owning a Zune and using their software, it think it is FAR superior to itunes in every way. i installed the zune software and was a "pro" at it within a few minutes...very intuitive, quick, and nice looking. i was asked to put some music on my nieces ipod, and it literally took me 15 minutes to figure it out. and i am by no means, tech-stupid.

plus, with the zune software, everything was in folders for me, tagged correctly, with correct album art, so when i dragged it over to the SD card, everything just worked.

and i dont think the apple music player is anything special, it is just simple, no bells and whistles, nothing. it gets the job done, but it is just average IMO. sure the stock android music player is terrible, but you should have known that from the get go. either way, just be glad we have the option of choosing from a handful of music players. Power amp is leaps and bounds above the iPod player.

atlrus

Reaction score
I cant believe people actually like iTunes....i guess if it is all you have used in the past 5 years, it may be seen as a benefit to apple. however, after owning a Zune and using their software, it think it is FAR superior to itunes in every way. i installed the zune software and was a "pro" at it within a few minutes...very intuitive, quick, and nice looking. i was asked to put some music on my nieces ipod, and it literally took me 15 minutes to figure it out. and i am by no means, tech-stupid.

plus, with the zune software, everything was in folders for me, tagged correctly, with correct album art, so when i dragged it over to the SD card, everything just worked.

and i dont think the apple music player is anything special, it is just simple, no bells and whistles, nothing. it gets the job done, but it is just average IMO. sure the stock android music player is terrible, but you should have known that from the get go. either way, just be glad we have the option of choosing from a handful of music players. Power amp is leaps and bounds above the iPod player.

LOL, that's funny, I just cancelled my Zune Pass account, literally minutes ago :) I just got tired of the buggy software (as far as the Marketplace goes), last straw being a DRM error that would force me to reset it, but it would affect all my music and video, not only those rented from the Marketplace... :icon_evil:...I would probably keep using the software, it's actually quite nice, but Marketplace is dead to me :)

But at the end of the day, how many options do you need in a music player?!?

vatothe0

Reaction score
There's really no reason for Google to put much effort into the stock apps, especially ones like the music player or sms apps.

No matter what they make, a significant number of people won't like it and replace it anyway. So why waste resources improving it? It functions on a basic level which is all they need.

Apple doesn't really allow "replacement" apps so they have to improve them.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
considering apple pretty much dominates the mp3 market with its ipod then they'll always have the upperhand in terms of the music player on their iPhones.

Android started as an OS first, but if they move the media player from 3.0 to their phones it will definitely be a good competitor.

Eiji

Reaction score
Well having an Equalizer is a pretty huge must. A real one, not some.crappy preaets on an ipod. Though apples having presets is leaps above having nothing. Poweramp is.worth.the money just for that.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

donzz

Reaction score
I agree it's all personal preference. There are just as many people here who like Itunes as hate it. Itunes was a ripoff of MusicMatch which btw came with the first Ipods.

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
@OP Those crappy proprietary charging ports? I think apple is the only manufacturer without a USB standard.