Issues with Android support...

Crf450r420

Reaction score
I'm starting to like Android less and less. This all because of how Google handles things. First of all any other app in the market you can email the developer and talk since with someone that can do something about issues. Most will get back to you about your email at some point, but not Google. Google apps you have to go to their forum where I feel they just blow everyone off in one spot. How do you get anything out of them?

They have upgraded Google Maps and doing so removed ability of the phone in the car. I used to love it. I could dock it and listen to my music and it would silence the music when NAV needed to give me directions and you could control the two volumes separately. Now they are on the same volume, so that adjustment is gone. Along with it the music no longer goes away, so I can't here the directions. I would prefer it go back to the way it was, but I can't uninstall the updates to get back to it because my new device came with the new software that sucks. If there was a way to talk to someone at least I could tell them hey wake up. Change it back and if your not going to change it back. At least make it pause the music for the directions, so they can be heard. I got to some support line with this and they started a ticket. They said the would send it up to someone that could do something about it and keep me up to date. I have heard nothing and get a replacement person when I email back the confirmation email. Of course, she said there is nothing she can do. So looks like no fix, no care, so Android no good.

Now I have give up on that, but I have the same problem as many. I'm going def using my bluetooth because the end call beep is so f'ing loud and can't adjust it's volume in any way or turn it off. I've never tried an iPhone, but I'm getting real close to trying it.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can say that the end call beep volume is likely either set by the call volume or media volume settings so you may want to fiddle with that, though I've never noticed it to be very loud even with my headset in.

MIUI tested, mother approved.

OP
C

Crf450r420

Reaction score
I first thought this was from the headset, but when I got my new truck stereo I found it had the same problem and the phone is the common. After doing a search I thought it was more of an Android problem since I found many threads for other phones than the Razr. So maybe it is just an issue on the newer phones. It sure would be nice if they would just give the option to turn it off because the beep seems to be the same no mater what the call volume is set at. When I'm not in the shop I don't have it turned up as load, but that beep stays the same painful level.

I didn't have this this problem with my D1 or D2.