One Thing the iPhone Has Over All Android Phones...

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by npro1464, Mar 21, 2011.

1. atlrus

atlrus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree, but in my car i use the car's equalizer...

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

2. Detonation

Detonation Member

Ratings:
    +6
    This program should help you tag and organize it: MusicBrainzTagger - MusicBrainz

3. wil318466

wil318466 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm really glad I keep reading these forums. There's always something I come across I never knew about.

Audiogalaxy is one of those things where I say "Wow.. I can't believe I didn't know about this"

4. bendystrawboy

bendystrawboy Member

Ratings:
    +2
    some people seem to think they can only buy music for itunes.....seriously.

i personally love itunes, and have been using it since it was Soundjam.. Smart playlists are great.

but i can say the music player that shipped on the Thunderbolt is really nice, and the little i've used it i can say that someone needs to port it to other phones, don't know if its possible to just grab the apk and use it.

5. Gorebro

Gorebro New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    iPhone 3G is finally official

The iPhone 3G is the second generation of iPhone. It was the successor to the original iPhone, and is succeeded by the iPhone 3GS. Introduced on June 9, 2008 at the WWDC 2008 at the Moscone Center, San Francisco. The 3G was very similar to its predecessor, containing the same 2 MP camera and no support for video recording, and its performance was limited by the same 128 MB eDRAM memory unit.[10] Nevertheless, the 3G featured several improvements over the original. It supported Assisted GPS, 3G data and Tri-band UMTS/HSDPA.
    iPhone system

6. vacfuzzy

vacfuzzy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It would be nice if Google could come up w/a Zune-like marketplace for movies,music & podcasts,but that might not be high on their priority list now.

7. The Robot Cow

The Robot Cow Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I stopped using itunes when I discovered I could load music to my ipod using winamp and another program I use called sharepod(which let's me remove the music and videos off my pod and copy it to my computer). Winamp is the classic, and it even has support for android. Another thing that bugs me about itunes is that the program is over 100mb, why does it have to be that big when winamp does more and is only about 20mbs? I'm glad the only apple product I own is an ipod.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

8. bigwilly90210

bigwilly90210 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I hate iTunes with a burning passion. Any computer I have that has it installed just slows to a crawl... ha. And you're right. It drives me crazy how many resources it uses when Winamp (old skool!!!) uses so little. I thought it was cool Winamp came out for Android, but I haven't used that since Windows XP came out... haha. Songbird is my favorite desktop music player and I like how I can still sync with my Droid, my gf's Droid has different music set to sync. It's awesome. Also, it has a Link from Legend of Zelda theme. Need I say more? :p

9. gatecitycanes

gatecitycanes Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I actually love drag-and-drop and hate I can't do it on my Apple stuff. I had a Blackberry before my Droid and it was so easy to just copy-and-paste my music over.

My biggest complaint about the stock Android music player is the shuffle doesn't seem to do a good job of shuffling. I'll hear the same songs come up over and over while rarely hearing others. This is the first device where I've really noticed this issue.

Also, from my BB days, I miss being able to skip songs by holding down the volume button. This is so much easier if you're listening while walking around a store.

10. KHeeney5

KHeeney5 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I like using my DX for music. Don't even use my iPod anymore. As for the OP, when you connect to your headunit, you have to mount your SD card (not charge only).

When I got my X, I got tunebite to convert/unlock the DRM on all my music files. They are now MP3's. I organized them by:

Artist
    --Album
    ---Song (ArtistName - SongName
    ---"albumart.jpg"

I'm anal about these things, but I have albumart for all music, and it's organized. Naming albumart "albumart.jpg" makes it to where the file doesn't show up in the gallery, but the music app's can read it.
    While I'm here, what is the best way to make playlists in Poweramp? Anyway to import iTunes playlists?

11. BodyBagz

BodyBagz Active Member

Ratings:
    +5
    On the phone, I only have 7 albums...1 Eminem Greatest Hits, 1 Johnny Cash, 1 for Hard Rock/Metal, 1 for Classic Rock, 1 for Rap, 1 for Motowns Greatest Hits and 1 for Pop/Rock..all together there are less than 400 tracks..plenty for a day at work or a semi-long travel trip...

The music that I have that is cataloged the way I described in my previous post is all located on a 500gb hard drive on my PC, as well as being backed-up on a friends 1TB hard drive at his house. My phone is not nearly as important as my PC collection is...

When i get bored of these tracks, I will just delete the files off my phone and then set up some new music folders for the phone...takes me less than 3 hours total to set up the 5 main genre folders for my phone...I have plenty of time...

12. spc_hicks09

spc_hicks09 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +34
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Twitter:
    spc_hicks09
    Is it just me or does anyone else get annoyed when people on Droid-Forums start talking about the aspects in which the iPhone is better ? Sorry but this is a Forums for all things Android. I could understand you posting a question such as "Is there an app that would sync my Droid like the iPod?" Or something to that effect, but to come on here and start downgrading Android with all these things that the iPhone does better? Seems to me like that should be done on an iPhone forum. I obviously have no control over where you post, I, like you, am just stating my opinion. It offends me just a little bit. I was a dev for the HTC Droid Eris over at XDA and have a lot of respect for the Android Software, so it really gets under my skin when people get on forums for Android talking about how much better the iPhone is.

Disclaimer:
    The comments above are aimed towards the OP and not anyone else.

:greendroid:

#48 spc_hicks09, Mar 24, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2011